Favorite .22LR handgun?

copfish

Tough call, for me…. Fun Guns would be; Single Ten for single action, S&W 63-5 3” for double action and the SIG 322 for an auto.

Ole yeller

High Standard Military Trophy 106. aka Space Gun 7 1/2 bbl.
I put a red dot on it and this is a tack driver. This belonged to a coworker who was an avid target shooter.

Alan0354

Ruger MKII bull barrel. Very reliable and very accurate. I don't even think I have failure for over 10,000 rounds. I did break the main spring housing ( about $7 to replace). It is cheap to shoot and I don't feel any difference shooting between 45 and this one in terms of accuracy and speed. I don't know why so many people talk about recoil issue, to me, sure, the 45 kicks more, but so what? I literally practice with the Ruger and only once on the 45 before competition.

Ha ha, you want to complain about recoil, try shooting a Freedom Arm .22Mag with 1" barrel. That's recoil. I still can comfortably shoot with one hand.

2wheelwander

I have a 1956?? Ruger Flatgate. Looks near new. Love this revolver. The Mark iv is also a winner.

I'd love to own an older Smith .22 revolver

101combatvet

I don't own a .22 pistol, but I had to shoot one for a course I took. The instructor had a Ruger Mark III, and I could place every round into the same hole, which was smaller than a dime. Seriously accurate! They aren't cheap, but practicing with a .22 is.

Most accurate: Browning Buckmark
Most reliable: Ruger Mark IV
Most plinking fun: Ruger SR22...the one you already have!

22LR revolvers are lost on me...I go through the rounds too fast to want to put up with them, accurate or not. I keep >5 mags around for each of the above.

mk70ss

Have not shot it yet, just bought it today. But I think it may become my new favorite. 20 rounds of .22LR in the mag. Should be a blast

AL45

Any single action or double action Ruger. I would love to own a Freedom arms if I ever find a sack of gold in the road.

AzShooter

52B55cbh.jpg

Another favorite: Colt Gold Cup Trophy (Walther) 1911 22.

I had the GSG 1911 22 and liked it a lot but gave it to my son. He told me about it and when I bought it he really wanted one and there were no more to be found. When I got the urge to replace it there were still none available after two years.

Looking at the other choices I found the Walther. I have a P 22 and it works great so I gave the GC a chance. It likes HV ammo and I need to tune two of the magazines, I have eight and on those two I get jams on the first round.

Trigger pull was 9 pounds but it's broken in very well and now it's set at just over 5 pounds. I don't see a reason to adjust it any lower.

Reloadron

Something I forgot about earlier.
Conversion%202.png

Works fine on all of my Colt Series 70 guns. Wish I had a few more magazines for it.

Ron

manta49

I have a Walther ppq .22 tactical ordered looking forward to shooting it.

Attachments

• 91615_1.jpg
    91615_1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 84

gwpercle

At the moment it's a step back in time .... to the old West of the 1873 era
A Single Action Ruger Wrangler , 6 shots , fixed sights and about as un-tactical as it gets .
But I grew up in 50's - 70's watching Westerns , big screen movies ...Shane , High Noon , etc and then the TV shows and I always wanted a 4 5/8" barreled SAA Gunfighter quick draw revolver ... the dealer had a all black Wrangler for $199 and the cowboy / gunfighter jumped out and bought it . It's not a 45 Colt or 44-40 ... but a 22 LR ... That's Okay ... it will do just fine . That short barreled SAA revolver is even doing nightstand duty ... no bad guys had betterr try to rob this stagecoach !
Gary

Brian Williams

My S&W 22/32 Kit gun.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20220413_21484824250%.jpg
    IMG_20220413_21484824250%.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_20220413_214839116 50%.jpg
    IMG_20220413_214839116 50%.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 747