Favorite .22LR handgun?

sigarms228

Browning Bucmark Camper.

I am probably going to have to get another one though as wife started shooting too and pretty much deemed it as her's.

22Ueor9.jpg

FrankenMauser

I am a Buckmark enjoyer.
Currently have: Standard ('90), Target ('92), Camper ('99, built from parts and a $20 frame), and a Challenger III ('83).

I do also like my brother's Browning 1911-22 and his Browning Challenger. (The real Challenger.)

Really tough call, because I do enjoy .22 revolvers, as well.

But I think I'd go for the Buckmark Standard, if I had to pick just one.
I have shot it more than anything else. It is the "one" that I grab every time. And, now, it is threaded. So I can run it suppressed for a little more enjoyment.

Drm50

Man I’m 22 handgun poor. I started life with Ruger Single-6 and thought it the end all in accuracy compared to my school buddies H&Rs, IJs and imported clones
Then saw the light, the S&W K22 in 1964. I carried it like a pocket knife. Then a few years later at the end of an adventure my friends and neighbors sent me on I found a Hi-St had followed me home. I guess if I had to pick one it would be the K22 for pure shootability.

Attachments

• 260F3DD2-206D-432A-81A0-849C4FD81AB5.jpeg
    260F3DD2-206D-432A-81A0-849C4FD81AB5.jpeg
    322.5 KB · Views: 133

RickB

The only one I own is an old Colt .22-.45 Conversion Unit, mounted on a dedicated frame.
My favorite, for 30+ years.

Crankylove

Browning Challenger, and my Browning 1911-22 are kinda tied.

I’ve got a 6” 617 that’s fun to shoot, but, I prefer the lighter weight pistols if I’m doing .22’s.

In my younger days (3-4 years old), it was Sterling .22 semi-auto, that for some reason, my dad purchased brand new. I couldn’t load the mag, but I could sure empty it quick.

44 AMP

Staff
It depends on my mood. If I'm in a single action revolver mood, then its my Ruger Super Single Six. General sport/untility? My Ruger Mk I Target or Browning Challenger.

For those times to be a bit different, Stoeger .22 Luger...

Or to really test your skill, T/C Contender 10"

Nothing will show you how well you can shoot offhand like that does, :D:rolleyes:

all iron sights, no scopes..

wachtelhund1

Beretta 70S

My favorite is a Beretta 70S. I bought it in Sicily, IT in 1984. I carried it twenty-five years in my hunting coat pocket and killed hundreds of sitting grouse, porcupines, and other varmints while upland game hunting. Its small, compact and very accurate.

ChiefTJS

I have no idea how many .22 handguns have gone through my hands but it's easily a hundred. Right now I only have 4. My daughters Bearcat, A Ruger Single six, a Ruger MKIV and a Browning Buckmark. I'm at a good spot.

Ole yeller

This would have to be my HIGH STANDARD MILITARY TROPHY w/ 7 1/2 bbl and target weighs. I added a red dot scope. This will shoot real tight groups with plain old 1500 round bucket of Remington ammo. Got the gun from a coworker who shot on a traveling pistol team and moved to Arizona. Also bought a mahogany shooting box with a B&L spotting scope. $200 for botth in the late 70's.

michaelcj

I like my Ruger MkII.... but I'll throw in my only other .22... Savage Model 101-22. Looks like a small revolver but in reality is a single shot with a "one piece" barrel and Faux cylinder that tip out from the frame. Used to shoot the occasional Norway rat that shows up under the bird feeder... [no interest in using poison or traps to avoid the chipmunks a squirrels that hang out there].

FairWarning

Ruger MkII 10". Actually a friend's, but it is OUTRAGEOUSLY accurate! I recall very easily outshooting him and his SKS rifle at a target about 50 yds away with it. :cool:

For my practical every day use, I like the MkIV Hunter 6-7/8", only due to easy takedown vs the MKIII.

I need to eventually pick up a Browning Buckmark as well, huge fan of those.