Ever Forgot About a Gun You Own?

Amin Parker

Sometimes i forget how many guns i have. They are divided into carry, home defence, fun to shoot, had to have, decided too quickly and and and.

Just this morning i remembered i had a Llama 380 "especial" in the safe that i completely forgot i owned. After i found it memories came rushing back, i bought it because it was for sale and it was cheap and i happened to have that much money on me.

Ever forget about a gun you own?

EdInk

I shoot all my guns pretty regularly. So, I have never had that problem. Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy certain guns but never that I own them.

Superhouse 15

Yes. I just bought one big Liberty safe to replace some smaller safes, lockers, etc, and I had a great time digging around in the back of the old ones on "moving day".

I found a Ruger MKII and a .22 short conversion for it I had forgotten, and a forgotten AR7. Found a Sigma .380 I had bought for an ex, that probably I wish she had kept. Grandpa had a top brrak H&R that looked brand new. The kids wanted to take it from him when he was terminally ill and not himself and I kept it safe for him, still in the back of my safe....

psyfly

A number of times.

However, right now I'm looking for a Remington Nylon 66 that I have somehow "lost". It's somewhere in my home, but...

Best,

Will

Mike38

I guess I have never owned that many guns at one time to forget what is in my man cave. But I know a guy that does. At the last local gun show I saw him carrying a Lever Action Marlin in .45/70. He told me that he just bought it. A week later I ran across him up town and he told me that when he got home to put the rifle away, he ran across one exactly like it that he bought 10 years ago. It too was still unfired. He laughed about it. Some people would think that’s some kind of mental illness I suppose?

FrankenMauser

I must admit....

I often forget I own a Ruger 10/22, and a Taurus .380.

My wife never goes shooting, and the 10/22 is hers.

The Taurus is a P.O.S., and isn't worth trading on anything else....

BlkHawk73

Yup, been there, done that. I've been in the closet, move a box and then realize, "hey, there's a gun in this". :eek: Had forgotten it was there and that I even had it. :eek: Has happened more than once. :eek::eek:

swsurgeon

Recently found a 38 spl derringer that had been given to me by someone who no longer wanted it and an old Stevens SxS 12 gauge with a cracked stock, missing trigger guard, and broken buttplate. Wish it were cheap, easy, and legal to convert it to a housecleaner, just for the heck of it.

Jeremiah/Az

Yes, I have. I have many handguns on shelves in my gun room. Before the Brady BS was to go into effect, I bought ever handgun I could find that I thought I ever might want. I was rootin' around in there a while back & found 2 .357 Ruger Blackhawks still in their boxes I had completely forgotten about. I also found a .38 Derringer that I have no idea where it came from.

natman

I've wanted a Savage 24 combination gun in 22 mag over 20 ga for years. I found one that needed some work. I got the parts for it, refinished the metal and wood and proudly put it in the safe. I decided to do an inventory and found that I already had not one, but two Savage 24s in 22 mag/20, purchased 12 and 20 years ago.

I decided it was time to clear out the inventory a bit. :eek:

Vince44

Nope, never forgot about a gun. That must mean I don't have enough guns yet. Have to go and buy another. Something in a .223 or .308

g.willikers

Just one, a trap grade Remington 1100.
I had quit using it after our local trap range got sold.
Many years later, I happened to run into, (figuratively), another former member of the now defunct trap club.
He asked if I was still shooting trap and, when I answered to the negative, he asked if I still had the 1100.
I have an 1100?
Yup, a nice one, too, a trap grade model.
Really?
Yup, you do.
Hmm.
Well, if you still have it, I'd like to buy it.
So, I scratched my heard and thought real hard, but could not remember where it possibly could be.
After searching high and low, it was finally discovered where it had fallen behind a book case, many lonesome years ago.
So, it got a new home and, hopefully, a new life at the trap range.

BigJimP

No, can't say I've forgotten I have something ( I only have about 50 guns ) ...and they're all in one safe ...so it'd be pretty hard to not know something is there ....( and I don't sell anything / so things come in ---but only 3 guns have every left ....) ...

But there is stuff in there --- that I haven't fired in several years ...