Ever bought a handgun just because you had a lot of ammo in that caliber?

MRYANJ99

That's the exact reason I settled on a Glock 23 for a carry gun. I was debating between the 23 and the 19, but I happened to have several hundred rounds of .40 at the house. This was also during the ammo shortage, so I wasn't really in a position to stock up on a new caliber.

ZVP

Used to be rimfires

Now that rimfire is so hard to get, I am afraid to use the small stockpile I have!
Used to be I'd just buy a .22 rf just cause I liked it, now I don't even look at em!
BPDave

zeke

Bought .40 revolver, bhp and xdm just because of the amount of .40 brass laying around years ago

wayneinFL

I found 8 rounds of 32 acp last year. I don;t have any more 32s, so I joked to my wife I'd need tro come up with another 32 so I could shoot those rounds.

In a stroke of luck, a week later someone offered me a Beretta Tomcat to trade for an AR receiver. I snapped it up and brought it home to show my wife.

BUFF

All of the pistols I buy now are 9mm because I have a lot of 9mm ammo because I buy mostly 9mm pistols.

vicious cycle.:p

9mmfan

No, but I regret giving one up. Hadda 629 Mountain Gun that I sold on account of magnums being a bit too brutal. Specials weren't too much cheaper, when they could be found. Still have the better part of a box of magnums...

Reload now. DARN! Wish I still had that piece.

At the very least I might'a could'a traded for a 625 in .45 Colt...

Guv

Yup, bought a 686 because I have so much 38/357 brass&bullets. I gave my cousin several box's of 22Hornet to avoid buying another 77-22Hornet.;)

Brian48

Was in the market for a new CCW. Went with the Ruger SR9c instead of the SR40c mainly because I still have so much 9mm ammo on hand.

WIL TERRY

SHUCKS, I had a custom S&W 32LONG sixgun built specifically because I found one[1] 32WC in a box of 500 38WC bullets. This was 40 years ago and now I have a dozen +- 32 revolvers in different makes, barrel lengths and specific calibers. ONE [ 1 ] thiry two caliber bullet started it all.
And so it goes..

pete2

I've never bought a gun just because I had a lot of ammo in that caliber but that would be a excellent reason to buy it. I have pretty much rounded it off to buy calibers that I'm set up to reload. 38/357,45 ACP, 45 Colt, 9MM. I got rid of the .40 gun and dies etc, but I would buy a 44Special if the right deal comes along, I have some brass for it.

BillM

Buy a gun just because I have lots of ammo for it? Yup. Bought
a 1947 K-22 Masterpiece last weekend. It looks really nice next to
my '48 High Standard HD Military. :)

Garycw

I already had a cpl 9mm guns, but when I placed a order for some inexpensive 9mm online, I hit wrong quantity & also ordered twice by accident. So I picked up a Bersa thunder to help shoot more of it up. Seemed like a better idea than selling it

MOshooter65202

Guilty :D

I had accumulated a bunch of 6mm bullets,so naturally I had to buy a Remington 700 chambered in a 6mm Rem.

Lately I just had to buy that Glock 23 conversion barrel because I had so much 9mm brass and bullets laying around ;)

colbad

Not only bought guns to kill stock piles of ammo in particular calibers but bought holsters on sale for guns I some day would like to have:eek:

bushrat1

No, but...

I did buy a gun one time for a holster I found at a yard sale. Honest, the holster was great price. :D

S&W-Keeper

Yes I have, I bought a Glock 19, 9mm several years ago to share time with my Sig.226. I was buying 9mm for $6.99 a box and I have a ton of it.I even bought another Sig 220 because I had a lot of extra 220 magazines. I know call me foolish.I am old.

El Paso Joe

Well, yeah, I've done that. More than once. One of the reasons I am careful of what ammo I come to have in my cave. I do have some .380 that didn't go when I sold the gun some years back. Looking for a PPKS. Just sorta makes sense...