Email from Cabelas New Colt revolver now on sale $799 .

Model12Win

$799.99???? And only in .38 Spl.?

Lots of luck selling them.

Deaf

Deaf, how do you mean??

$799.99 is a STEAL for a new Colt's revolver. We should feel BLESSED that Colt's is offering this at such a low low price for us peons. The fact that it isn't a $2K+ limited edition run should be enough for you to stop typing and start pulling out that credit card so you can be the coolest kid on the block with your new COLT'S REVOLVING POCKET PISTOL OF SPECIAL CALIBER!!! :eek: :eek: :D

JWT

Why such ugly grips on a $800 gun? Could at least be nice walnut with a colt medallion.

Model12Win

Why such ugly grips on a $800 gun? Could at least be nice walnut with a colt medallion.

It's a tactigrip, bruh.

Absorbs recoil for faster follow up shots to engage tangos. It's blacktical tactical plastical. If you don't understand it, your not an operator. :cool:

bedbugbilly

I agree with Deaf -

Does Colt actually make these or are they farmed out with their name on them?

I know a lot of folks like the "Colt" aspect of it but to me, it's not very innovative - it's just another 38 snub. yea, it's got 6 rounds but I'll stick with a 5 round J frame if I'm going to carry a wheelmen - which I am getting away from.

I hope for Colt's sake they do sell - but I can buy a good used K frame snub that will do the same thing for a lot less money. I would have thought their time and $ would have been better spent in designing and producing a REASONABLY priced 9, 40 and 45 semi auto for easy carry - sorry but in today's world, design and price is everything and to get good sales, ou need to tap the "average" market of those who are looking for a mid priced handgun for carry and home defense. IMHO And while there is certainly a limited market for those who can afford one and who just have to have a Colt, the price is the bottom line for those young people out there looking for a handgun. But hey, I'm "old" and I've been wrong before! :rolleyes::eek::D

fourbore

That way a used example, at Cabelas can sell for 749.99. That is seriously. The sad part is they would set it.

On the other hand, I have seen some amazing sales and Gun Library screw ups. On balance, they supply a service.

dahermit

Absorbs recoil for faster follow up shots to engage tangos. It's blacktical tactical plastical. If you don't understand it, your not an operator.
How many "operators" use revolvers instead of autos?

There are none available around here, but some stores say they are backordered. I would expect them to sell for more than MSRP when they get here.

The Kimber K6 lists for more, but there are none of them, either.

JMag1

Colt will sell every single one. The trigger will amaze, they say. Glad they are back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Siggy-06

Yeah I can get an sp101 and still have enough left over for a new front sight and a couple hundred rounds of ammo for $800.

Colt needs to just stick with their 1911's and rifles...

Deaf Smith

As bedbugbilly said:

but I can buy a good used K frame snub that will do the same thing for a lot less money.

One can find a used S&W K snub, say a stainless 64, for somewhat more than half that price (and get walnut grips to boot.)

I bought a PD trade in S&W 64, 3 inch, DAO, .38 Spl. just a year ago for $399 plus tax.

Yea yea.. it's a 'Colt'. But for over eight hundred (one must include tax to get the true bottom line) heck I could get a new Colt 1911 Series 90 .45!

Again, lot's of luck selling them. Now I have no doubt a few Colt collectors would grab some, but not enough to make it a serious choice.

Deaf

djw

Rock Island Armory sells their model of this for just over $200........found one with tax and ffl fee for $250...........parkerized with 2 grips(one wood and one plastic.) Not a Colt but affordable.

22-rimfire

Ahahahahahhaaa!

The even bigger joke here is that Cabela's is being Cabela's.

$699 MSRP.

Get it now for only $799 at Cabela's!

That is funny. It seems to me that gun shops are pricing things closer to retail these days as compared to years ago. But I haven't done an exhaustive survey either... just an impression or I'm visiting the wrong gun shops.

As I understand it, every revolver to be manufactured by Colt is already sold from this first batch.

The Kimber K6 is a really nice revolver. I handled one in a shop before Christmas.

The grips are just fine. The reality is that I would take off walnut grips and put rubber ones on the revolver anyway. Saves me the trouble.

rodfac

Looks a bit Charter Armsish to me.
Uh, huh. And to add to the clunky look, it's got one of those plastic tube sights on it. Pretty high price to pay for a pony on the side plate. Rod