DONT LIKE SIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB

Holy smoke! Information overload! Great post. Just goes to show, you can find info to support whatever your personal preference is out there. In the end, as long as it's from a major quality manufacturer, it's all just personal preference.

RazorsEdge

Sig has good points and bad. In their prime, there were as good or better than any on market.

I had Sig 226 that was superb, except that I found the trigger return spring to be too weak. In rapid fire mode, I would "milk" it and it would not recover enough to reengage.

For years, I thought it was "just me" until I happenned on a book that said British SAS had same problem, so i felt in good company.

I have seen sig .380's fail to function right out of the box at the range, so a bit of humility is in order. Local gunsmith polished mine up, no problems since.

Sig service sucks. They believe: our guns don't go bad so its gotta be you, and B)we service law enforcement first, you must wait, sub-race peasant.

Despite the above, if you got one that works, you have the very best.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Hmmm...

If Glocks blow up so easily, why do they never do it during "obstructed barrel" testing by various agencies, including the Effa Bee Eye?

If SIG's are such rust-buckets, then why do units like the SEALS enjoy dragging them through warm salt water so much?

This thread is chock full of info, now.

Tune in for the sequel: "Ford or Chevy, why people who like the one I don't are poopy-heads." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.