does your gun collection follow a theme?

Evil Monkey

When I start collecting firearms, i'll stick to modern military weapons.

I have criteria:D :
-Long gun, whether rifle or shotgun, MUST have a pistol grip in stock configuration.

-Rifle MUST be autoloading (semi-automatic)

-Shotgun may be either, autoloading or pump action.

-Rifle MUST feed from a magazine.

-Shotgun may be fed by tube and/or magazine.

Handguns:
-Autoloading pistols MUST be able to take 10+ rounds in thier magazines, if the pistol is in it's full size configuration.

------

I also like revolvers too but won't bother with extreme calibers like 454 cassul or 500S&W

Other notes: If I walk into a gun shop and see a regular mini 14, RED LIGHT, no pistol grip so it's not eligible for purchase.

If the mini 14 had a replaced stock that had a pistol grip, and meets other criteria, GREEN LIGHT, now it's eligible for purchase.

Same applies to other similarly designed rifles or shotguns.

Damn, I'm pretty picky!:eek: :D :D :D

FirstFreedom

Tiny, you're right; I mispoke - it's more like 15% milsurp & fun guns. So my theme, other than the milsurp collectibles, is like the man said, if they shoot projectiles, I'm in (even if they don't go bang - airguns and someday a suppressed .300 whisper!). I don't have over 100 guns, though - I wish. Not saying how many though.

Hedley

My collection(if you can call it that) uses the theme of "whatever my girlfriend will let me buy." Which usually involves all-used rifles. But they all wear blue and refinished walnut.

TNT

lots of great posts some had themes others dont all options are fine I was just curious my dad who has been collecting for the past oh say..........45 years. his collection is impressive he likes the older guns of the time but for a while if the right automatic came along he got it. Feeling now that his collection near complete in that department he has now shifted gears to Lugers.

SOSARMS

Actually do dave some form of agenda when scoping out new purchases....Either has to be paramilitary style HC guns, WW II relics , or Winchester Levers, Mod 94 std. and commemoratives........but when i fall into deep depression, about anything else goes......:eek:

Hedley

It just hit me, other than my 336, I only own semi-autos in either .22 or 7.62x39. That's my theme then, cheap fun.

osufanboy

follows one (1) theme:

CHEAP

Doesn't necessarily mean crap. I don't want stuff I'm afraid to scratch. Next on my list either SKS or Mosin.

Peter M. Eick

Nice. That is my theme. I want nice high quality guns. Then the second theme kicks in. Guns I wanted when I was a kid. Thus I went through the M1A phase where all I had was a bunch M1A's. Now as I get older, the classic calibers come out. 25-06, pre-64 30-30 winnys, etc. Now I am looking for a nice 38-55 Winchester and maybe another 9422.

The Guy

I get mine by calibers. .22 and 12 gauge first, then .45 and .308. Had to get 1 .30, but I may add another. Next is .223 and 7.62x39, then 30-.06 and maybe 9 mil. Doing it this way means I can keep my reloading equipment to a minimum, and my ammo at a maximum per gun(s).

When I older and richer, then I will add the funky calibers, but for now I concentrate on basic ones.

dfaugh

Yeah...unfortunately its the "whatever's interesting that I can afford" and I can't afford much lately, so I haven't bought a gun in a while. I wouldn't really call it a collection, either, as I only have about a dozen guns, compared to my best shootin' buddy who owns about 100 guns.

TNT

My Mrs. don't mind me buying them she just aske where the money coming from, If I can get the money she dont have a problem with it but hell even my Ex didn't have a say about if I bought a gun or not. She asked one time since when did I have permission to buy one I told her "as soon as I stop asking for permission to have sex, is when I will start asking for permission to buy a gun." She shut up after that:D

Doubletaptap

They got to be blued and have nice wood!
They can be patina with nice wood.
Old military from any country.
Muzzleloaders. Flinters and percussions.
As stated above, rifles,pistols,shotguns!!!

I love em' all!!

22-rimfire

Collection theme, YES....Colt 22 revolvers. Shooting theme....NO.

Added note: I don't have a theme for long guns. I just shoot them. Theme is having fun!

Last edited:

TNT

now that you bring up bluing and wood I like a that look as well. Although I got to admit I would give way to parkering over bluing more practical IMO Garands and Carbines look awesome in that respect