does your gun collection follow a theme?

TNT

Everyone has different likes and dislikes of what they like but does your collection have any particular line that it follows like military, home defense ,urban combat, or cowboy, era or other? Mine is a combination I got some I got for unban combat 870 express with a 20in barrel, Marlin Camp 9 carbine with folding stock.(not like I will have that chance but the eqipment is nice) the military side with the Garands and the Carbine and then the Cowboy side with my revolvers and lever actions. Was just curious to know if anyone else has a preference or theme that they may have followed.

bdarin

Guess I follow the old west, myself. Got a Ruger Vaquero .44, Winchester 94 30-30, SxS shotgun, Marlin 32-40 black powder, DGW .50 cal flintlock, plus several others that the gubment spies who read this board will never know about. I guess for the most part I'm an 1880's gunslinger.;) :p

Eightball

If it's got wood, and if I feel like it.:p

Generally, old "milsurp" weapons....ranging from modern-day to (contemplating) a levergun replica:D . Maybe eventually a Springfield trapdoor in .45-70:cool: .

Kermit

My original goal was "one of each" - then that changed to "guns I like at a good deal" - then "cool guns" - then "oh look, I don't have that one yet"

Short story long - I guess I don't have a theme per say, I just accumulate more than I collect :D

FirstFreedom

No theme, other than 95% 'useful for my hunting & defense needs', and 5% fun guns, competition guns, & collectible AND shootable milsurps.

Jseime

Definetly modern styled:

Stainless barrels, synthetic/laminated stocks, scoped, synthetic material slings.

You get the point.

All my guns are hunters so I want the guns that will take the biggest beating and the worst conditions and keep on going. "Classic" guns are nice but I dont have a use for them and cant afford them, if I wanted "classic" I'd buy a 66 chevy truck and restore it.

Syntax360

I have a purpose-driven collection. There are sooo many guns I have wanted to buy, but chose not to because they were totally impractical. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so if it isn't something I will carry or legitimately something every house hold should have (i.e. HD shotgun, etc.), I pass on the purchase and hope that the day will come when money won't be so much of a factor. That said, most of my firearms are carry pistols of the semi-auto variety.

DietCola

The theme of my slowly growing collection is that they all shoot bullets. Once they meet that qualification it really is an open game. HAHA.

tINY

They all go "bang"

FF, did you say 5% are "fun, competition, collectable, and Mil Surp Shooter"? - That must mean that you have a hundred or more guns that cover the practical end.....

-tINY

skeeter1

My theme? Old

I have a couple of leverguns, some wheelguns, and SxS double-barreled shotguns, and couple of miscellaneous others. I sold off my semi-autos a long time ago.

I'm still thinking about a Ruger MKIII Standard for plinking, but that's about as "new" as I would go. There are no AK-47's in my future.

44 AMP

Staff
theme?

My only constant is " I want it". Oh, and it fires cartridges. I don't care much for muzzle loaders. I have two or three hanging around, and I have shot them in the past, but not anymore, too much work for too little shooting.

maas

i have no method to the madness:D i have autos, levers, bolts, single shots, and a single action revolver. just for the sure fun of it i like old west guns. for practicality i use autos. the thing that almost all of them have in common wood. my colt and ruger mark II are the only 2 that dont have wood. i made a set of walnut grips for the ruger and never put finish on them. maybe that needs to be this weeks project.

azurefly

I think a good theme for a gun collection to follow would be "Bonanza." :D

Mine personally follows no theme that I can identify.

-azurefly

BobGnKY

The theme of my slowly growing collection is that they all shoot bullets. Once they meet that qualification it really is an open game. HAHA.

That's pretty close to mine. I would say that I have a definite affinity for bolts and levers. I have very few autoloader long guns (REM 1100, Garand, .30 Carbine), but quite a few autoloader hand guns.

After determining that they meet the previous qualification, I then tend to go for the aesthetics. I tend to prefer classic lines over the modern lines, and classic materials over modern ones.

Not a big fan of synthetic stocks. Not a big fan of "socom" style weapons with the "tactical rails" and all the gee-gaws you can put on them.

DTakas

Yeah, all my guns have two things in common, they're all black and they're all evil. Just the way I like 'em.

8milimeter

theme

Mostly Mausers !!!
BDO2.jpg

pjsjr

I'M NOT ALONE...:D :rolleyes: :D

I like the idea of a collection like 8milimeter's, but there are so many guns and so little time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, sooooo I get want I want when I have the bucks and find a good deal and it sort of fits my needs at the time.

I hunt alot, carry SD/HD, love good wood and blued steel, stainless for practicality, semi-autos are fun, bolts accurate, wheelies are nostalgic...who needs a theme?:rolleyes: Good Thread, Preston

jhgreasemonkey

I guess without meaning to mine fits in a classic and modern hunting rifles and shotguns only. I wouldnt mind expanding and adding some military style rifles like an AR15.

Clayfish

Yup. All of my rifles and shotguns are of the hunting persuasion. Also all except for a modern muzzleloader with a camo stock and stainless barrel and reciever are blued with walnut furniture. I've had military rifles like ARs and mausers but I always get rid of them. They also follow a theme of Browning. I love Browning rifles and shotguns, Browning is not all I have but I do have a few.