Do you want a gun you don't need?

gryphon1911

“So you want a gun you don’t need?”

Of course, I want ALL guns!! Lol

Looking at 9mm carbines, a lever action in .357, a colt single action army type and a neat little 22LR plinked in either AK or AR styling. That’s just the short list!!

vito

I have no need, and no real use for a new lever action 357 magnum, but I sure want one. Why do I want it? Not sure, but I find I've been thinking about it for awhile. But I haven't asked my favorite gun store yet to give me a price on a new one that fits my desire. Soon.

Drm50

I’ve been selling off my hunting rifles the last 2 years because of health. I’m down to about 30 now. I sold a Sako 375 H&H that I bought in 1968. The only one I wish I hadn’t sold even though I have no more use for a 375H&H. I would like to have a nice honest shooter 1895 Winchester in 405. I don’t need it either.
What I have bought this year was an AR, My first one and I’m 72. I never wanted one before and hope I don’t need it. I did have one loaned to me 54yrs ago. I was happy to give it back.

Geezerbiker

I have maybe 3 or 4 that fit the description of need. I just wanted all the rest of them. The truth is, need has little to do with gun purchases other than reloading supplies. I need all the reloading supplies I can get my hands on...

Tony

dgludwig

At last count, in addition to a few airguns and blackpowder guns, I am chagrined to admit that I've accumulated sixty or so rifles, shotguns and handguns over the past sixty years or so. Living in North America, in terms of hunting, self-defense and sustenance surviving, I only need about five of them. But I want all of them. ;)

My wife knows to arrange for a trailer from the U-Haul company to be rented and attached to the hearse transporting me to my final resting place. It has to be one of their bigger models because I've got a couple of boats and lots of fishing gear I don't want to part with either.

darkgael

Words

Need and want….the two words intertwine. If I want something….a new S&W 686…I may need to acquire one in order to feel happy/complete. I do not have all the guns that I need because I don’t have all the guns that I want.

Spats McGee

Administrator
I commented earlier about wanting guns I don't need, but I didn't list any. So here are some of the guns I want but don't need:
A 9mm 1911
A BHP or clone
A lever action .357
Browning Buckmark
S&W Victory
Beretta Neos

hub1home

Yes, I am always looking for or at guns that I don't need. That is a symptom of a disease called "I Gotta Have It." It has caused me to have guns in the past, present and future that I don't need but am glad that I have...

Hawg

Need has nothing to do with it. I don't need 96% of the ones I have but I still want a lot more.

Geezerbiker

The hard part is convincing your wife that you need another gun... :) I stopped telling mine about my gun purchases long ago...

Tony

MarkCO

The hard part is convincing your wife that you need another gun... :) I stopped telling mine about my gun purchases long ago...

Tony
I sell a few guns, some ammo, some dies. And buy new. Based on my inventory, I buy more than I sell. :) She can get into the gun room, but the safes, she can't, so the new ones go in there. :) Mostly kidding, she is a keeper. :)