Do you have a favorite rifle to shoot?

gwpercle

Ruger 10/22 with at one time or another , the open factory sights , two different scopes , Williams Peep Receiver sight and a new fangled Red Dot sight ...
All in all my most favorite shooter and the one I used to teach my two children how to shoot with ... We all have a lot of fun memories of shooting that little Ruger 10/22 !
Gary

ammo.crafter

Favorite rifle

My Thompson Center Contender single shot rifle calibrated to
7X30 Waters by Mike Bellm.

Its accuracy is astounding, a reloaders’ dream, and a great carrying gun in the field.

I’ve yet to loose game after they’re hit with this round.

wjt4

My "favorite" rifle to shoot probably is my WW2 era M1 carbine. Fairly accurate and doesn't beat up my shoulder. 2nd would be my 1873 or 1866 in .38 spl. that I use to shoot in cowboy action shooting, and then lastly my 1944 M1 Garand. That rifle is accurate, doesn't beat me up too much and just makes me feel proud to be an American!

highpower3006

Talking strictly about semi auto rifles, I tend to gravitate towards the more unusual stuff and I honestly couldn't choose between these:

IMG_0609_Fotor-XL.jpg

IMG_4523_Fotor-XL.jpg

IMG_4240_Fotor-XL.jpg

IMG_4061-XL.jpg

oldmanFCSA

AR-50 50BMG target rifle. NightForce 12-42X56 Competition or 8-32X56 NXS as needed. These scopes replaced my 2 Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25X50 LRT scopes which are used on other builds now.

Main competitions are at 1000 yards - on a good day I shoot 4" 5-shot groups - normal days I shoot 8" groups - ALL groups are 5-shot groups.
I have shot my AR-50 out to 2 miles but do not attend those competitions due to physical limitations.

I'm currently shooting PECA-16 Swiss brass annealed with an AMP, CCI#35 or Genix primers (CCI#35 must be "Armed"), RL-50 or VV 20N29 powder, Lehigh 808 brass solid projectile.

Using a K&P 38" SS 416R barrel with a Match 0.554" chamber with custom throat to achieve 3000 fps with match loadings.

I shoot more 50BMG rounds than 223/5.56X45 which is embarrassing at times. I used to own 7 different AR-15 style rifles = down to 2 specialized AR-15's now, 1 in 223Wilde chambering 20" chrome-lined, other in 6mmX45 target Shilen SS bull barrel, both scoped appropriately (scopes cost 4X rifle build cost).

robertsig: ;) my Czechpoint VZ-58 is a blast, 4,000 rds. used since it was "nib".

:cool:
But so are my PTR-91, FAL and M1A, partly thanks to the extra power and so many images of them from photos in combat zones. :cool: or movie versions.

social-thumb.php

Last edited:

taylorce1

.22 lr 10/22 is always close to the top, also my Universal M1 carbine. However, my Ruger American .300 BLK with subs and suppressor is my all time favorite range toy. I know this is a semi-auto forum, but I've shot more rounds semi-auto and full than most people in 21 years of military service. When I'm paying for ammunition I prefer to slow things down.

The AR-15s usually don't see much range time.