CZ75 or 92FS

TJB101

I was so happy with the CZ 75D i bought a few weeks back that I traded my old plastic P07 for a shiny new CZ75B Omega with threaded barrel... time to save my pennies for a suppressor and tax stamp.

TomNJVA

I also find the factory sights on my CZ 75BD a bit too small. My CZ is strictly for home defense, and while I do target shoot it often enough to be remain competent I am not hung up on ultra tight groupings. I just want to be able to see the sights quickly if needed.

I was thinking of gently widening the sights a little with a drill and filling them with a bright white paint. Has anyone tried this or is it a dumb idea?

ATN082268

Looking for a 4.5 to 5 inch SA/DA pistol. I have a P07 and a Sig225 ... really like the SA/DA guns but wanting a full size gun.

Any experience with the longer slide models? Doing the online reviews of the CZ75 and 92FS. Can’t decide. Any experience with those or other models. Really want to stay with a hammer SA/DA tool.

Thanks in advance to your thoughts.

Tim

I like the Beretta 92 but in the G configuration (decocker only). It is difficult for my hands to reach the high, slide mounted safety on the FS, which is unnatural to flip upward to disengage (and may accidentally engage if fiddling with the slide). For that reason alone, I would pick the CZ75 over a 92FS.

TJB101

I also find the factory sights on my CZ 75BD a bit too small. My CZ is strictly for home defense, and while I do target shoot it often enough to be remain competent I am not hung up on ultra tight groupings. I just want to be able to see the sights quickly if needed.

I was thinking of gently widening the sights a little with a drill and filling them with a bright white paint. Has anyone tried this or is it a dumb idea?

Yeah, they are tiny dots on the rear sight. I would be unsure of my skills with a drill and maybe consider getting replacement sights or just paint on top of existing sights.

Z400ACDC

I bought a new CZ75B today. I come home and took it out back and compared it to my Betetta92fs. I like the grip on the CZ a little better although the grip of the Beretta is good to me. The trigger on the Beretta is better but the SA breaks over a quarter inch further back than the CZ. I like where the CZ breaks better. The accuracy is about the same. The take down is easier on the Beretta. I will keep both and enjoy range time for years to come!

TJB101

I bought a new CZ75B today.

Nice ... let me know what you think of the sights .... I ended up painting mine as my eyes just could pick up the small factory sight.

395a68de7c7727b3f7916d957461a5f3.png

They are a little better.... it sucks getting old

Guggmeister

92. Better trigger, better feel, more reliable (cz is awesomely reliable too) and much better looking.
For handloader cz is painful because of the chamber shape, you have to load short. With 92, just about anything that fits in the magazine, chambers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TJB101

For handloader cz is painful because of the chamber shape, you have to load short. With 92, just about anything that fits in the magazine, chambers.

Interesting ... I just reloaded some 147 gr plated and it called for 1.165 ... no issue with 75BD .. what have read / experienced in the past?

oughtsix

I own both. I have owned my Beretta INOX for about 30 years now. I have owned my CZ75D for about a year. I much prefer my Beretta... but with 30 years of shooting Beretta it would be very odd if I didn't prefer it. My 30 year old Beretta has a better SA and DA trigger pull than my relatively new CZ75D... surprise.

I have never felt comfortable with cocked and locked for a work gun... although I love my 1911's for the range. I like the decocker on my Beretta and when I bought the CZ I pretty much had to have the decocker version. For me the frame mounted safety on the Beretta has never been a problem. My Beretta is chambered, decocked with the safety on next to me on the night stand... this is how I have practiced with it for 30 years.

I have big (long) 2XL hands so the grip on my Beretta with Hogue finger grooves grip is perfect! The Hogue finger groove grip actually makes the Beretta grip even bigger.

I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either... get the one that feels best in your hand... what feels best in my hand is pretty irrelavent.

I wish someone made a CZ clone in 10mm, stainless with a decocker!

Last edited: