CZ P-01 Information Wanted...All Kinds

Zebulon

You folks are the best...There's something annoying to me about a poster who asks a question and doesn't bother to respond when people try to help out. I've had an overloaded plate since I first posted this, and I got a great response from you all. Please forgive the delay in responding. Now, a sincere thanks to all of you for pitching in with answers. I really do appreciate it and I'm shopping for my first P-01 as we speak. I have a line on one locally, but have just one unanswered issue....What's the situation with additional magazines? More mags are always a plus, but where to get them is sometimes a mystery. Please take a minute to send me in the right direction for more mags. I prefer factory, but sometimes (Mec-Gar) aftermarket mags do a fine job when Factory mags are unavailable. Where do you guys buy extras? Thanks to each one of you for your counsel...It is greatly appreciated....Zebulon

MikeRussell

Mec-Gar ARE CZ factory mags if I remember correctly.

I got all my mags and stuff from Angus, because if I'm gonna support someone's habits, I'm going to support the Captain of Team CZ-USA. ;)

russian hammer

Love them, shoot them and have carried them. There is nothing like having a CZ at the range or shop to get a conversation started and really I love it when showing someone my guns and they just have to hold the CZ. All in all these are some great little pistols.

roc1

The P01 fits my hand better than any pistol I have ever felt period. I love CZ handguns and there rifles as well. The P01 would make you a great shooting iron and self defense weapon as well. CZ psitols are my favorite auto and I have owned or shot about everything. They are as reliable as any and shot as well or better than most. You cannot go wrong with a CZ. Watch out they will grow on you and you will not be satisified with just one.
roc1

briang2ad

Hate to add anything negative.

It WILL be very accurate, lightweight and very reliable.

I don't like the decocker or its position - just me, but if it were offered with a manual safety I'd buy one today. (Again, I had two - long story).

NOW - it WELL MAY HAVE a gritty DA trigger - and likely WON'T get much better over time. That is the other downside.

BTW - I like CZs in general - own a few.

schmeky

I was in a gunstore the other day and spotted what I thought was a NIB P-01. Turns out it was used, but you couldn't tell. I checked it out and I was amazed at how good the out of the box trigger was. The DA was "OK", but the SA was sweet. Just a hint of camming and butter smooth.

I know CZ's can have some really rough triggers (I own 6 and have done a lot of custom work on my one CZ's), but this one was a real surprise. It had the factory rubber grips and the ergonomics were excellent.

Felt typically CZ solid and tight. I was impressed.

69MachOne

I bought my CZ 75 SP01 used from a guy that said it was a "problem child" but upon inspection I could see he never cleaned it & was experiencing FTF's, stove pipes etc. I knew the history & revieves so I bought it at a great price! Took it home, stripped it & thoroughly cleaned every part possible. Reassembled & off to the range for 200 flawless rounds. It is a pleasure to shoot, extremelt accurate & great feel. It has earned home protection duty with a surefire attached. The 19 round mags are great. I don't think you could go wrong buying one new or pre owned. Oh, the SP01 came with factory night sites too :D

Zebulon

I have a NIB P-01 in transit. I'm looking hard at the PCR too. I am on a very limited budget, but would love to see what CZ Custom can do with these guns as well. Sincere thanks to everyone who walked me through this...I'll post pics and a range report as soon as I receive the pistol and can get to the shootin' place. Zebulon

Pilot

According to the Glock Annual, the Czech special forces use the
G17(in OD).

What's your point? My local PD uses Glock too, and the U.S. Armed Forces use mostly Berettas. That doesn't mean they are better, that just means that whatever committee of bureaucrats that made the decision had either financial or CYA motivation for doing so.

armoredman

jonsparks, the Phillipene National Police Force, 118,000 people proud, just dumped Glock for CZ P07 - thbbbpt.:p
My Dept uses Glock, I qualify expert or distinuished expert ever year with a G17 or G19. Don't like the grip, trigger, or feel, that's just me.

Zebulaon, there is hardly anything czcustom CAN'T do to your PCR. :) Czech out the ProTek 1.

Zebulon

Rogelk...Thanks for the baseplate tips...I'll get some....Armoredman, you are absolutely on the money. Thanks for your earlier reply on the CZ Forum. I'll see you there. Looks like good folks.....Zeb

czf

Best all-around CZ made.

safecamo2.jpg

More popular then ever!
P6-1.jpg

Will do everything you ask a 9mm or .40 to do (within reason)

Procyon3.jpg

P-REAR.jpg

_______________More Pics and Info______________________
http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/hakan/czp01.html

-----------------------------------------------------

http://czrami.angelfire.com/P-01-REVIEW.html

---------------------------------------------------------

c22.jpg

Meditator

I had a P01 for awhile. Didn't really care for the DA trigger which was really heavy still after 1000+ dry firings. Ended up selling it and later got a CZ75B compact- I couldn't be happier. DA pull is much better, plus the manual safety which I like.