Cheaper Than Dirt - Pleasant Surprise

donkee

CTD are crooks. I sent them an email letting them know that I would never deal with them again. I would pay 20x more at the competetion.

That was 5 years ago and I am still sticking to my pledge.

JimDandy

Bravo Company cancelled a rifle contract with Milwaukee PD, due to Flynn's antics.

You're right, I meant Bravo Company, not Wilson.

Folks are mad that a company makes money following the basic principles of capitalism.

I've bought from them in the past. I'd be willing but unlikely to buy from them again. Their shipping practices makes them rarely the cheapest vendor.

The sole extent of my feelings on CTD and their announcement is a lack of wow factor given the ambiguous nature of their self imposed restriction. I'd be equally unimpressed if Boeing announced they wouldn't be shipping any nuclear platform bombers to Korea.

TATER

Longlane, With all due respect,
It is called price-gouging.
It is not a good business model to practice.
It is taking advantage of people.
It has cost them customers.
And as for the latest move, Good for them, I always like a little reach-around at the end.;)

JimDandy

It is called price-gouging.

Price-gouging is somewhat subjective, and not really germane to how impressive their recent press release may or may not be. Let's focus on whether we believe their recent stance is good, bad, or pandering without real benefit or cost to them.

This is a subforum for discussing law and civil-rights issues. Hence the header "Law and Civil Rights."

If you wish to complain about a vendor's prices or policies, take it to another subforum.

JimDandy

Colt just got into the act. They can't refuse to finish their contracts, I suppose, but they did close down the factory and bus any employee that wanted to go to the Capitol in CT, to demonstrate.