Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Anywhere on property

Votes: 43 25.3%
  • Required to carry

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CCCLVII

I carry every day. I asked my boss when I was hired on and he said it was fine just dont go bragging about it.

Now that I am the boss no body questions it.

pgdion

At both places I've worked since shall issue in MN, a gun locked in your car is outside of there domain and ok. Everywhere else is no carry.

rodeo roy

I own my company and I accept cash and checks for peoples payments so I carry everyday. I use a bank in a supermarket that does not have a metal detector door. When I go on a sales call or to a seminar I carry. The only place I don't carry while working is if I go into a church; anyplace with a little sign up i.e. mom & pop hardware store with no guns allowed sign on the door I just ignore, or don't go in. My state list the places you can't go on your carry id card and a full list on the website, so I just stick to the law and avoid many places. Open carry is allowed with your cpl/ccw in my state and really without cpl/ccw I just perfer to be concealed but don't have to and I see persons everyday that don't conceal but carry.

BarryLee

Currently I am working for a couple of companies as a “consultant” or what might better be referred to as a part-time low paid resource. They have not reviewed their formal policy with me and I have no idea what it is. So, I always have a gun in my car, but never carry inside the building.

TheNocturnus

I am self employed, so yep I allow myself to carry. :p

I am looking for a PT job and if they do not allow guns on the property then I will adhere to the rules...;)

GM1967

Much like 45 Auto said, I work for the federal government, weapons are prohibited, and they do sometimes do searches of cars when entering. On the brighter side, people do need proper ID and a legitimate reason to enter the installation, so random nutcases won't get in.

We do get "Active Shooter" training every year, but it avoids mentioning the one best thing you can do to avoid becoming a victim of an "active shooter": having a gun of your own.

PS - I hate that new term, "active shooter". How about "active murderer" instead? To me and most of us here I think, an active shooter is someone who goes to the range at least once a week.

STW

My company. My rules.
Maybe I should make it mandatory that I carry, then, if anyone notices that I am carrying, I can just cite company rules and say I have no choice.

9mm

It's not illegal in my state to, only against a company policy, which just gets you fired. I know many guys who carry at their jobs, especially the guys who work at the stores that are robbed 3+ times a year.. :mad: As long as it's not a federal work place. My life is more important than a job.

zxcvbob

Company policy says no guns anywhere on the property. State law protects employee gun rights in vehicles in the parking lot. So I voted "car/truck only", but any time I do have a gun in my truck while at work I keep my mouth shut about it. I don't want to be a test case.

Chris_B

We have a policy- no weapons on premises or parking lot. Of course, for work, we store several firearms, including an actual machinegun, for when we do live-fire demos

Chris_B

PS - I hate that new term, "active shooter". How about "active murderer" instead? To me and most of us here I think, an active shooter is someone who goes to the range at least once a week.

You're right. That's a Hurtful Term that lessens your self-esteem and promotes emotional stress. One might even call it an active policy by the Department to mentally torture the members of staff that legally shoot, by portraying them as a dangerous group worthy of prejudicial consideration

HR should be behind you 100% on this clear-cut case of discrimination

yeah, that'll be the day, huh? ;)

Rmart30

Company policy is none in company vehicles but can be left in personal cars in the parking lot. I drive a company vehicle and am required to be in less than desirable areas of town by myself at all times of the day or night.
My job is replaceable , my life isnt.

bossman

Company says no, local boss says he did. So I took if you want to go for it. Multi state operation. Never questioned.

pjp74

Luckily the owner of the company I work for and most of the guys I work with are all absolute gun nuts and avid hunters. We can carry anywhere on his property (concealed of course), but due to doing HVACR for some large corporations that don't share our enthusiasm, it pretty much has to stay in the service truck while out on jobs.

Corrections Cop

Nope, since I work at a State Prison, it is a felony to have weapons on prison property. At least we have arsenal at work when we need firearms. And we have a armed response vehicle on grounds.

dstryr

Firearms anywhere. The owners own land and hunt. And drink beer. So if there was ever a policy against firearms or alcohol at any of our branches we'd lose about 85% of our employees.:eek: