Can anyone tell me why it is so hard to find a Sig Sauer?

Uncle Malice

What in the world? Is that really what it's like to own a gun in New Jersey?

How in this legal in this country? Good lord. Why wouldn't you move?

I can literally get a hair up my butt and go buy a new gun on my lunch break, take it to the range and put some rounds through it... and be back at my desk in an hour.

I just don't understand...

tynman

Yes that is how it is in NJ. Here the towns think the only people with guns should be the cops... I have reported them but I dont know if that will help anything or just make it take longer...

Why dont I move cause of my job... But dont you worry as soon as I can retire I am out of this state.. Once I retire I wont be able to live in this state on my pension... And this gov is making even harder for me to have anything when I retire.....

Will Beararms

Hey no jab against you but Sigs are prevalent in gun friendly states. I see them in large numbers in TX, OK, AR and LA. You might look at buying from a dealer in a gun friendly state online and having it shipped to your local gun shop.

tynman

I got the pistol already. But no state has a new p220 super match because Sig isn't making them yet. For what reason I don't know and they won't tell me the truth way there aren't making them yet. So I got a lightly used one. Which it is sitting at my FFL dealer here in NJ. I saw the gun already inspected it and all I need now to bring it home is my purchase permit that has been taking over 5 months now. So the gun in no longer the issue it now is an issue with my town and there sweet ass time getting me my permit.

Uncle Malice

Sigs are prevalent in gun friendly states

"Sigs" are... but the custom run guns pretty much always have a long wait period.

I'm in AZ. Doesn't get much more gun friendly... and I had to wait 10 months when I ordered my P229 Elite Stainless.

OP was looking for a P220 Super Match. I don't see any available anywhere online, do you?

tynman

OK OK here she is. Going to take her to the range with my 1911 STX weds.

Attachments

• sig.jpg
    sig.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

tynman

Well I took the P220 super match and the 1911 STX to the range. They both shot great, no problems what so ever. Smooth as glass. I am glad I waited and got the P220 at a good price too.

The one and only thing I didnt like about the 1911 was that the slide release was farther away then the P220. I guess I have short thumbs so it was a little harder to release the slide on the 1911. But that is the only thing I didnt like...

Thank you guys for all your support through this long proses..

Theohazard

tynman said:
The one and only thing I didnt like about the 1911 was that the slide release was farther away then the P220. I guess I have short thumbs so it was a little harder to release the slide on the 1911.
That's actually one of the best things about the 1911 in my opinion. With a good thumbs-forward grip, too many guns place the slide stop under your thumb. On most guns, I've had to learn to keep my right thumb away from the gun slightly in order allow the slide to lock back on the last shot.

But a 1911 is perfect for a solid thumbs-forward grip because most people's thumbs will be away from the slide stop. And during a reload you can either rotate the gun in your hand slightly to hit it, or you can use the thumb on your support hand. Or you can just slingshot it.

tynman

I personally like to be able to do everything with my right hand. The left only loads the mag and support. And trying to do the slide release with the 1911 for me with one hand by moving my thumb to the release felt like the gun was going to fall out of my hand. Turning it the gun to me seems unsafe. But this is only for me and my opinion. I still like the pistol. That was my only flaw. I didn't have a problem with the slide release on the p220 except for it being stiff but that's cause the pistol wasn't used that much and I still have to break it in.