brand loyalty?

loaf_fan

Smith & Wesson

I researched long and hard for a good 22lr revolver. Top contenders were a Taurus Tracker 22, a Ruger SP-101 in 22lr (near impossible to find locally), and what I settled on a S&W K-22. Love the trigger, shoots like a dream -- like an extension of my hand. Wanted a larger centerfire revolver, researched long and hard, Ruger GP-100, and a S&W 686 were the top contenders, ended up with a 686-4 6 inch barrel. Shoots like a dream, an extension of my hand and a wonderful trigger again with no modifications. Recently ran across a S&W Model 66 for $315 total cost out the door with Bianchi holster. Was going to trade it for a 1911, and once I got it, can't bear to part with it.

Don't regret my decision on any of them. If Illinois ever gets CCW, one of the Smith's will be my daily companion.

In long guns, I like my Marlin's.
2 Shotguns, a 60, 39A to keep my K-22 Company, and an 1894 to keep my 686 & 66 Company.

Does a country brand count?
I have 4 Russian Mosin-Nagant's, an SKS, and an AK.

Last edited:

basshunter

I will tell you what I have often told my sons if you want new handgun look at a Ruger. If you want an older handgun don't buy it unless it has a horse on it. Colt double actions are the best and then you add in the investment side of things. Colt will give you the best returns if you can bring yourself to sell. I can't sell a colt so the stack just gets higher.

jcsturgeon

I've wound up with 3 different Berettas, the U22 Neos, 92 FS and the Stampede. They're all great guns, and I'd love to add a Cheetah to the collection.

threegun

No brand loyalty. Despite being accused of being a Glock Fanboy or Koolaid drinker I would trade all my Glocks for anything that would allow me to put lead into a target faster and better. Anything that would give me an edge.

egor20

Ford trucks, yes

Guns, no
Although I have noticed I have a bunch of pairs now
2. Galils, the twins, one scoped, one iron sight
2. S&W 469, his and hers
2. Armscor 206, .38s, one bobbed one not

Boy I'm glad my wife was an only child :D

jeepster11

lets see

i had 1 benelli
2 remingtons
2 winchesters
1 bushmaster
1 browning
1 kimber
2 springfields with a third coming friday
6 smith and wessons
1 colt
befor my boat sunk in the ocean and all firearms went down with it. i would say smith makes some of the finest revolvers i have ever had. :)

HoraceHogsnort

I'm pretty much hooked on USFA and Freedom Arms for SA revolvers. I've got two USFA guns on order and plan on going after a third when these two arrive.

Cousin Pat

History...

I find myself most loyal to Colt and Smith & Wesson in handguns (ditto for Remington and Winchester in rifles). Beyond tradition, I think quality; for me that would include: Ruger, Browning, KImber, Sig, HK, Beretta. In smaller brands, I'd include USFA, NAA and Kahr.

keyboard-cowboy

we all have our preferences

I am a fan of quality firearms. We all have our preferences, for whatever reason. God Bless America! I’m fairly partial to Springfield Armory, History, Quality, and the finer Springfield’s are 100% American made. I know that most or all of the XD components are made in Croatia, I still have two. Very good guns and the price for quality and performance are awesome. That being said, I will buy foreign built firearms. I just picked up a Sig, and so far I’m very happy with it.

Old Grump

Member in memoriam
Scanned my inventory list, 14 brands plus Crossman and Gamo air rifles. My criteria is does it fit, does it work, can I hit what I am shooting at. Several are models/brands no longer being manufactured and I didn't even count the antique shotguns.

Justice06RR

I'm not brand-myopic, so i don't discriminate. As long as its reliable and works well, i'll probably buy it.

Currently I have an M&P9 and XD40. the next addition is a 1911 then a Block...

Kermit

Let's see -- Colts, HKs, Glocks, Berettas, S&W wheelguns -- several of each. I've owned other brands but for some reason or another, sold them & won't go back. Loyalty is based on performance & reliability

brabham78

I don't care whether you're talking about guns, cars, motorcycles, (or anything), being brand loyal is a good way to miss out on a lot of fun stuff.

Why would anyone want to do that?