brand loyalty?

publius

All Smiths and Rugers. Doesn't mean I won't jump on a good deal on a Colt or even a Taurus, Smith and Ruger have just satisfied my needs currently.

Biff Tannen

wvshooter asks "How many guns does one person need?":
My respectful and rhetorical reply is, "How many guns does a person WANT?"

In all seriousness, I really enjoyed seeing DiscoRacing's collection!

armoredman

Brand loyalty?

Brandloyalty.jpg

That's my wife's leg, I haven't gotten one like it yet. :) We found a product we trust, a company we believe in full of good honest people, and we are willing to bet our lives on what they build. Same as the guy with the Chevy tattoo on his back, or the girl I knew with the Pontiac symbol on her ankle, waaaay back in the day.
Not every gun in the house is a CZ, but that's the beauty of diversity.:D

Jim March

You generally get a good tough gun at a fair price out of Ruger. There are better guns, God knows I lust over a Freedom Arms '97 in 357. That's a $1500 gun. I own an otherwise similar $500 Ruger. Would I really have triple the value out of an FA? No, not really.

Ruger's also tend to respond well to homebrew gunsmithing and modding, better than any other brand across their whole product line. My NewVaq357 wears a grafted-on SuperBlackhawk hammer I installed myself, and is absolutely not alone in the "FrankenRuger" category :).

Out of the box, an S&W will generally feel nicer, although there's exceptions. But if you're willing to put in a bit of sweat equity, you'll end up with a better gun in many cases, one you paid less for, will stand up to more abuse and one you personally know inside and out.

They also tend to treat their customers well.

They'll do recalls at the slightest hint of a "systemic problem" in a model, which they sometimes take flak for. But they make it good, pay the shipping and sometimes toss in a freebie like an extra mag or something. I can think of a lot of Taurus models that should have been recalled for major stuff like frame cracking, but instead customers were forced to pay shipping back to Taurus to fix their errors.

In one case, a 605 (357 snubby) I was involved in was a complete and utter birth defect case (brutally mis-aligned frame) and I was told the entire model was back-ordered. I had them ship me another gun worth slightly less (38+P snubby, concealed hammer) rather than wait for a 605. I sold that 38 immediately upon receipt.

So yeah, I'm a bit of a Ruger fanboy.

DiscoRacing

I guess a person needs more than what I have currently...

.. because IM still trying to buy a few more to get up to what I need.

...NO big rush to fill my needs.... im working on it..and im patient.:cool:

Kreyzhorse

I prefer S&W but I'm not a single brand loyalist. I own S&W, Glock, Ruger and Springfield and I'd buy from them from each of them again.

What does make me loyal to a brand is a quality product and their customer support.

P97

I've been a Ruger fan since the 50's. I have a few other makes, but I would be just fine with all Rugers. The reason is their quality and customer service.

tynimiller

2-Taurus's...liked them when others hated them
1-Phoenix
1-Bersa

More of a long run owner so handguns don't get as much money pumped into them.

bossman

No brand loyalty here . Always looking for S&W revolvers and 3 gen auto's, but any brand at a bargain will peak my interest.

Katsumi Liquer

I consider myself fairly loyal to CZs as I currently own 12 of them among the couple of dozen or so handguns in my stash. Aside from being phenomenally accurate, the CZs seem to offer the right mix of value, quality, aesthetics and ergonomics for me, and they're backed by an established company with fairly decent customer service.

Another reason for my liking them is that every single one I've purchased thus far has always shot exactly to the point of aim right out of the box, with absolutely no sight adjustments needed. Sometimes I wonder if there's a clone of me working at the CZ factory in the Czech Republic, zeroing in the sights of their guns on the firing line before they're boxed and shipped. With my other non-CZ handguns, I've more often than not had to fudge around with the sights to get them to shoot to the point of aim.

TailGator

Not much brand loyalty on my part. I own or have owned Glock, S&W, Beretta, Taurus, and even an Armenius revolver (which was surprisingly accurate but showed wear really fast). They all played their roles well, but the roles didn't always include concealed carry.

OsOk-308

SA

Mine is Springfield Armory. Love the XD and XDm series, enjoy their 1911 quality. And let's not forget the M1A!

temmi

I have
1 Browning Challenger
2 Colts
2 Rugers --1BH and 1SRH
1 H&K
1 Sig
1 Briley 1911
1 Glock
1 XD
2 S&W jframes
1 Flintlock

Slamfire

I am loyal to my wallet.

I do prefer S&W revolvers and have more of them than any other brand. The fine triggers, excellent accuracy, and smooth actions are what gets me to take one home.

I am still mad about my Colt Combat Elite, so **** on Colt. :mad: