Best Scopes under $350

jman841

+1 for the Mueller, i got mine (mueller tac II) brand new but the box was damaged or something for 180. It usually costs around 280 however. But an excellent scope for the money.

txgolfer45

Bushnell Elite 4200 in 3-9x40 was $299 plus tax last weekend. I compared it to the Leopold VX-II and Nikon Monarch. The Bushnell won and is now on my Ruger M77 MKII in 30-06.

5R milspec

scopes

hey I have two that are mentioned.one is a vx2 and the other is a Nikon buckmasters.the one thing I do not like about the vx2 is that it doesn't have target knobs.but for the rest of the scope it works just as good as a vx3.and with the Nikon buckmasters it is worth all the 350.00 I spent.the bad thing is that Midway has the Nikon on sale most of the time for 299.00.but hey this is jut an opinion.

Marshhawk65

Vortex

How about Vortex? I have a set of their binoculars and for the 179.00 I paid they were better then my Nikon Monarch ATB. I do not own any of their scopes but my next scope will be a Vortex. I like their ballistic reticle.Its similar to the Burris but also has a windage dot on each side of the middle crosshairs.Plus a VIP lifetime warranty.

I also have to tell a story about Vortex. I go to another sight frequently. We took up a collection for a young man who is living with his Mother. We bought him a rifle. We were looking for a scope and I contacted Vortex which is located abour 55 miles from me. Vortex doesn't know me from Adam:)
Anyway I asked if we could get a discount on a scope from them. I also sent them a link to what we were doing for this young man. They offered to send him a GOOD scope not their bottom line scope but IIRC around a 200 plus dollar scope for FREE!!!!

In the meantime someone donated the young man a scope for the gun. Vortex then stepped up an offered a set of binoculars. Starting price on the line they were sending from is 189.00

Not only do they make a great product at a reasonable pric.They are GREAT people as well.

Here is the link to Vortex.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/

Take care all and Merry Christmas

Bill/WI

skoro

My favorite is the Nikon Team Primos.

3-9x40 with the BDC reticle and outstanding clarity/brightness.

curmudgeon1

Best Scopes under $350

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE:
"Okay, I started a thread on my new Mueller scope and got alot of "bad reviews" based on ????. So rather then do scope bashing, list in order what you would put on your big game rifle. Remember, no big dollar German scopes allowed in this. If that's all you'd put on don't post in here. Thanks."

If you're talking "big game", you would want to consider how close they can be approached and how good your personal eyesight happens to be; e.g., if you plan on very precise/effective hits on the game to prevent a long rundown, you might want to consider a scope with higher magnification than 3-9x. I'm currently grooming in a low-priced 4-14x Simmons scope for my carbine; the jury's still out, but one thing for SURE is I can see small aimpoints on the targets a whole lot better than the 3-9x scope I have.

(My eyes may be a little older than yours.)

Last edited:

Warchild

How about Vortex?

Not only do they make a great product at a reasonable pric.They are GREAT people as well.

On another forum a few of us got together and donated to help this single mom get her 15 yr old son his first deer rifle. Vortex stepped up and volunteered to donate a very nice optic to go on top of it without hesitation, and were very pleased to do so. I've also heard very good things about them so my next purchase will be to them based in no small part to the way they stepped up to help.

vvaldez28

Good Scopes for the Money

If you are not looking to spend a lot of money (less than $150) and you want a scope that has good quality and extra options, take a look at NcSTAR scopes at www.blue-sky-products.com/scopes.html.

About two years ago, I purchased one of their 3-9X56 scopes for my plinker, granted it is not a big bore, but it has worked very well for a lot of shooting.

For big bucks, I also have a Trijicon ACOG TA31N on my AR/15. For basic target practice, both scopes perform equally well.

Most of the NcSTAR scopes sell for under $100 and they have a huge variety of selections for every application. For the money, and use it for a year or and are not happy with you, you can always move on, but I have been happy with mine.

Good luck,

Marshhawk65

waterpipe... interesting

Pwillie were you trying to be a smartass or serious? If serious not everybody can afford big buck scopes nor do they need them. I would love to have Swarovskis and Zeiss scopes etc on all my rifles but thats not going to happen on a Correctional Sergeants pay anytime soon. If trying to be a smartass you succeeded.

Bill/WI

350.00?...save time,mount a water pipe.....