Best Glock for my needs?

mitranoc

For plinking you can't go wrong with the 19. For my personal carry (IWB) I really like my 30S. And for plinking I use my 21SF and 30S. Nothing wrong with the 19 for a CCW at all, I just prefer the 45ACP.

Dashunde

I have a G27 that I positively love.
I added a 9mm barrel for range use - its easier on the wallet and wrist.
Best of both worlds.

rebs

Glock 30s is a fine choice its the right size extremely acurate and ytou just can't beat 45 acp for stopping power.

DUB

gen4 glock 30

Clearly,people love the G19.I'm ok with that,but I don't understand the knocks
on the glock 30,or the need to go with the 30S for carry. My gen4 glock 30 in
appendix carry(but left side),under a sweatshirt or tee, is invisible.

ScotchMan

If the Glock 30 was the size of the Glock 19, I would buy one. Not measured with the inch of magazine hanging out, but actually G19-sized, with a flush-fitting mag.

As is you can't even get the 9 round mags for it anymore. And what I've read of the 9 rounders tells me they only fit 8 anyway.

That is why I personally don't like the G30. I would rather carry a neutered G19 (10 round mag restriction) than a 30 because of the size. If they came out with a true "compact" and not subcompact, I think that would be a big win.

jr24

If I could go back to my first foray into the CCW, polymer, world I would just get a Glock 19 and be done.

Would have saved me a lot of money if I'd have made that decision in the first place. Even had a good deal on one that I passed up.

Now... for me personally I've found that I still like metal guns better even for CCW, but that's a whole different journey to discovery.

If the Glock 30 was the size of the Glock 19, I would buy one. Not measured with the inch of magazine hanging out, but actually G19-sized, with a flush-fitting mag.

I could not agree more! The magazine tends to pinch my pinky when running hotter ammo on my 30S and the 19/23 grip is just so much more comfortable. Bad design choice IMO.

ScotchMan

Yup. I've had that issue with enough other guns, chambered in 9mm, that I don't want to try it with a .45.

I think someone must have commissioned Glock to make the 30 the way it was for a contact, because it doesn't make any sense as is. They don't have any other design that uses an extended mag out of the box.

CUBAN REDNECK

Glock 19

The Glock 19 is useful for most applications, IMHO. Size, caliber and ease of use are good reasons. Moreover, as with most Glocks, there are tons of accessories to fine tune it to suit your needs.

FlySubCompact

Of the two...G19.

Can be used for CCW.

Fun, accurate shooter for the range.

Gen 3 or later can take a light or laser on the front rail, if need be, for a nightstand gun.

But, my personal fave is the the G23. Reasons:

Occasional ammo scares arise and you can still feed it when 9mm is not available at Walmart.

Runs like a G19 with a 9mm conversion barrel and G19 mags.

IMO, the ultimate "all purpose Glock" would be a G23 with the grip shortened to G26/G27 size. Very concealable, light rail, more caliber choices, would use all length magazines and have a full grip with added G23/G19 mags and grip sleeves. That or a G27/G26 with a rail on front for a light.

DannyB1954

For concealed carry, the G26 or G27. I have the 27 and do not have a problem with short handles. If you need to have a pinkie finger on the grip, then a 19 or 23

Hammerhead

If you don't want a large frame (.45 or 10mm), the Glock 19 is my favorite Glock.
You could add a .22lr conversion and have a great 2 caliber gun that works for CCW, home and range.

Can't go wrong with a Glock 19.