Best 9mm service style pistol?

Madcap_Magician

All depends on the agency you want to work for. The most enlightened ones let you pick from a lengthy list. Some others, you won't get a choice.

Oldbuck30

For my 2 cents

You can't beat a SW 5906, SS 9mm doublestack. Have owned 2 of them for over 30 years and have never had a jam and I shoot 3 times a week. Plus stainless is invincible not like plastic. OK I did replace a barrel in one of them. Carry a 5906 every day.

You can't beat a SW 5906, SS 9mm doublestack. Have owned 2 of them for over 30 years and have never had a jam and I shoot 3 times a week. Plus stainless is invincible not like plastic. OK I did replace a barrel in one of them. Carry a 5906 every day.

I disagree with it being invincible and not like plastic which you're hinting is less durable. But, I quote you because I ordered a Smith and Wesson 5906 and it should be here any day now. :) my father has the Model 639 I think? And he loves it. So I want that bad boy. Always wanted it and the 4506. Finally found a 5906 though. Can't wait to get it. Should be fun to shoot and admire. It needs a right side thumb safety lever though. Know where I could find that?