bersa

4runnerman

gbclarckson- That is the Model I am looking at. I have read many reviews and also read nothing bad. I have to ask- The only down fall they said was the mag release is in such a spot as it can get hit by mistake to easy. Have you found this to be true?. Also- What is the accuracy?. I have a full size 1911 in a 45 ACP and that sun a gun is spot on.

aarondhgraham

I own and like three Bersa pistols,,,

I own and like three Bersa pistols,,,
  • Thunder 9 UC
  • Thunder 380
  • Thunder 22

They are accurate and dependable,,,
They get the aarondhgraham Thumbs-up Stamp of Approval.

Aarond

Torch

I also have a Thunder 380 and have been VERY impressed by it. Safety/decocker is nice. DA trigger is about 8 pounds with no stacking during the pull, a very nice DA trigger regardless of the price point.

Takedown is very easy. The gun is more or less a PPK clone so if you have one you know how easy the takedown is.

Grip angle and large beaver tail make this 1911 lover feel right at home.

On the down side it comes with a magazine disconnect, which I don't like. The good news is that it is easy to disconnect the disconnect. :)

Let us know when you decide.

gbclarkson

4runner, I have not had any issues with releasing the magazine accidentally. I have small hands, though. I find the Bersa to be surprisingly accurate for its size, probably because it fits my small hands so well. Its trigger is light.

My only complaint is it was (still is) tricky - I'll be more precise: exceptionally frustrating to reassemble the first time. I probably burned several hundred calories just in obscenities. But, now, I have found the correct rearward slide pressure and wiggle combination to get it back together without the need for cussing.

It also jammed frequently with hollow points during the first 250ish rounds. No malfunctions at all in the last 250ish, including HP ammo. I trust it well enough to CCW. My second complaint, I guess.

On a roll with criticism: The Bersa is more sensitive than other autos to thumb pressure on the slide release. The slide never locked until I realized what I was doing. Hey, Bersa helped me correct a bad grip habit!

As mentioned before, additional mags are close to $50.

I am pleased with it. It is a great little pistol. My wife called it "cute". The price is great also - usually $400 or just under.

qwiksdraw

If you are looking at the BT380 and want extra magazines then look for MecGar magazines. They cost at least $10 less than factory magazines and you get to add an extra round in it.

PSP

:( I've had several of the small .22 and .380 "thunder" models. None impressed me as being upper quality or well made compared to other guns of the same type. Various problems with them have soured me to the brand. Most people seem happy with them. For fun maybe, (I do still have a BT22), but I'd never rely on one for protection.

Waspinator

I have the Thunder Pro Ultra Compact 9mm for about two years now. Been a very good pistol to me after many rounds through it. No complaints. Haven't handled/shot any of the 22lr/.380 variants, so nothing to add to that.

Overkill777

Got a Bersa Thunder 380 for my wife. Hasn't put too many rounds through it but we have enjoyed it so far. Neat little pistol, fun to shoot and accurate. Great value.

michael t

I have 2 of the 380's Mags for the 380 are not that bad Compare to my PPK/s factory mag in price..

want more info go to my place

http://bersachat.com

I give Mags hats tee shirts and other bersa items away in drawings.

Just gave away the 9 round thunder mag last night. :D

Also a 10% savings after 10 posts on mags holsters and more.

Rifleman1952

Have owned a Bersa Thunder CC 380 for a couple of years now. It's a little bigger than the micro 380s out there, which makes it much more enjoyable to shoot and practice with.

It's a very accurate pistol for it's size and has been very dependable. I fired a couple hundred rounds of fmj before attempting to shoot hollow points and have had no problems.

The BT CC 380 comes with minimal, snag free sights, so it's not a target pistol, but that's not what it was designed for. It was made to be easily concealable and with 8+1 rounds of firepower, it has enough capacity for typical self-defense scenarios.

This is the gun I carry when hiking in the woods during the warm weather months.

Last edited:

2ndsojourn

I was looking for a PPK 'clone' and considered the Bersa 380. Shot one and liked it, but the Sig P232 was slightly larger and fit my big hands better so I bought it instead. But the Bersa is a good value for the money spent.

lamarw

I have a Bersa Thunder and have posted bad things on this Forum several times.

I do not like the fit/finish (Mine is the Duo Tone) since it seems subpar to a quality pistol. I also had a warranty issue within first box of ammo. At the time Bersa did not have a factory repair facility in the USA. It had to be sent to a sub-contractor for warranty work. Cost me for shipping and had to wait for over thirty days.

I would take a SCCY over a Bersa for many reasons to include quality, customer support, U.S. Manufactured, and a better warranty. I want get into how much better a more expensive handgun is in comparison.

Just compare apples to apples at the gun store before buying.

WIL TERRY

HAD SEVEN, WORK GREAT !!! The BERSA 22 has 19,265 rounds through it without a single stoppage or malfunction of ANY kind.
And so it goes...