Beretta Cheetah model 81 .32acp

mk70ss

yFMART8m.jpg

The Browning BDA .380’s are Beretta’s in an enclosed slide version. Beretta made them for Browning. Basically the same gun with the same quality.

libiglou

schr

If its a mag issue there are ways around that. My state has stupid rules but I found a loophole quote on quote.

Ibmikey

The Beretta 81 is a nice pistol especially for the price offered today, better if you can see the pistol first as some are quite worn. The pistol, like it’s .380 brother are quite large for the diminutive calibers but in the .380 that is a plus. I purchased both the 84 BB and 81 BB through Aim Surplus and both were like new pistols with no appreciable wear, both shoot with impeccable reliability. Although not a fan of Berettas these pistols are fun to shoot,, kinda big for carry but ok if you realize the limitations of the caliber, especially the .32.

tallball

"not since the days of 20 plus years ago when you could get a Makarov 9x18mm or an SKS unfired out of the crate..."

I still have my Russian Makarov in 380acp ($89) and Chinese SKS ($149) that I got NiB around 1990 or so. :)

smee78

I got one to add to the collection, I may pick up another just because the price is so good for a quality firearm. If it shoots half as smooth as the 84 then I will be super happy.

JERRYS.

$48 shipped for one (1) magazine! I have to find some of that glow in the dark model paint to dab the front nub sight.

I bought one a few months ago and finally was able to get it out to the range a few weeks before the plague shut everything down.

I'm a complete and total sucker for the .32s, either revolver or semi-auto, and I've always wanted one of the Berettas.

Fun to shoot, and oh so very polite when you pull the trigger.

loknload

I purchased one but didn’t get in on the ground floor for the perfect example.
While mine is not the prom queen it is in pretty good shape. It was used but not abused.
I really gave it a good cleaning the other night and I was impressed to the fact it wasn’t that dirty and looks like it was cared for.
Put a new set of grips on it from Altamont and it looks pretty good! Now all I have to do is get it to the range.

Attachments

• 3974E278-D781-4F88-8BC1-3A3287121180.jpeg
    3974E278-D781-4F88-8BC1-3A3287121180.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Hairy Clipper

I have been a .32 acp fan ever since seeing my father's 1903 Colt back in 1964. I enjoy shooting the cartridge. However, the diminutive .32 acp ammunition has gotten rather expensive to buy. I welcome all of you that are new to this round and hope that with the addition of new users the volume of businesses that stock .32 acp ammunition increases and the price decreases. These Beretta 81s are wonderful pistols and more so at the price they have been sold for.

JERRYS.

got my second factory magazine yesterday. strange that is has made in Italy and the caliber on it, and finished in a flat black parkerized feeling finish, while the magazine that came with the gun is shinny blue and no stampings at all. also, while the Beretta USA website has magazines and holster for the series 80 guns, they don't list any of the series 80s as in production. are they still made overseas?

2wheelwander

25 years ago I bought nice blued/polished woods grips Model 84 from my uncle for $250. He tried to buy it back for years but she's a keeper. No bax and 1 mag, but otherwise in great shape

JERRYS.

just searching for Beretta not Beretta USA, I find the Beretta site from Europe and the series 80 guns are still made in .32 acp and .380 acp, meaning parts and frames and the like are still available should they be needed....

ThomasT

Midway USA is selling these guns and has 12 round magazines available for them. I came close to buying one and a spare mag but decided against it. But you all are making me rethink this.:D