Beretta Cheetah model 81 .32acp

JERRYS.

Well, I finally broke down and bought one. its on the way from an out of state source. Like the .380 version which I have shot many times, I read nothing but positive reviews for this gun. Once it in my grubby mitts I will get another magazine for it and probably some sort of simple kydex OWB rig for the range....

Who else has gotten one of these recent Italian Police trade-ins? I'm sure there are a few out there on this forum. Chime in with your accolades or gripes.

wachtelhund1

I've been thinking about purchasing one, but haven't yet done so. I have a Beretta 70s in .22lr; purchased in 1985. This Is very accurate and has killed a lot of small game. I recently purchased a Beretta 84 in .380 ACP, unfired in original box. I haven't fired it yet. Last month, I purchased in an auction two Beretta's. One model 948, .22lr which shoots great. Shooting at 15 yards as fast as I can, it groups 3 to 4" dead center. The second being a 70s in .380 ACP, unfired. This groups about 4" to the left. I moved the rear sight a bit to the right, but haven't shot it yet.

Metric

Best deal I know of on a high quality pistol. I picked up two of them. I did a little touch-up work and added new grips and grip screws -- it was a fun little project. Unfortunately, they don't have much practical use in my collection, as almost all of my pistol shooting is either .22lr or 9mm. But if I had nothing and wanted something classy, accurate, and easy to shoot for somewhere in the $200 range, though, this would be it.

mk70ss

I have a Beretta 84 .380 and a Cheetah .22. They are two of my favorite guns to simply shoot for fun. Great looks, great quality, and they shoot without any issues. Congrats on yours!

libiglou

I picked one up from robertsons trading post. Had an issue with the mag(modified 10 round mag because of restrictions in my state) but they replaced it and all is well. Great little shooter. Started to reload 32acp. Kinda tough since there's not a whole lot of support for this round. Hopefully this will change with all of these surplus guns coming in. Cant go wrong for the price

jglsprings

48648896931_3548e2730e_z.jpg

Loved the first one so much I bought another - also a 380 barrel and magazines...

JERRYS.

nice video^^^.

btw, does anybody know why Fiocchi .32acp FMJ is out of stock everywhere on line? is it the gold standard for .32acp FMJ or something?

HBoswell

I also bought 2, one of the first batch from Classic and the 81BB from Gander Mt. The second one cost the same as the first since I paid the extra $10 for a "select" from Classic and I would strongly recommend getting the BB model. It has some improvements over the earlier model not the least of which is the improved guide rod. Not a big difference until you go to re-assemble after cleaning. If you don't have the rod dead nuts it binds on the frame and you can't get the slide back on. It also has better sights, improved slide serrations and fancy white lettering. FYI, Gander has them in stock again for $229(https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/used-beretta-81bb-handgun-.32-acp-654235.html) which is what I was charged back in September. They messed up and didn't charge my credit card until the 10th of March and the bill isn't due until Cinco de Mayo so I got if for a 7 month trial on them. I changed out the grips on both, pachmayr's on the first one and Altamont's on the 81BB which look outstanding. Both of them run like clocks and are very fun to shoot. The pachmayr grips are a little fat but fit my big mitts fine and make it a bit more comfortable to shoot with the extra padding. Magazines were scarce when I bought them and I ended up getting some 84 mags at a decent price and narrowed the feed lips from 33/100ths to 30/100ths using a tack hammer and they work fine and hold 14 rounds instead of 12---bonus. Probably the biggest downside would have to be ammo. I have lucked out and found it on-line and at the gun shows for around 24 cents a round for Geco and Fiocchi but nothing beats the deal I got yesterday at my favorite local gun store(yes, they are still open regular hours, God bless them) when I picked up 50 rounds of vintage Corbon PowerBall for $20. So YES!! Buy one while you still can, they are great little pistols and by far the best deal you will find under $300.

Attachments

• Beretta 81srs.jpg
    Beretta 81srs.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 36

JERRYS.

yeah, both gander mountains near me closed down. their prices on new guns were exactly as the magazine articles had MSRP'ed.

Logs

I love mine and was able to pick up 2 extra mags from Classic. No recoil on these guys at all. I actually sold my Beretta 92 because I would rather shoot my 81.

PSP

A friend who works in the local gun shop alerted me to the arrival of these Berettas soon after they were delivered. I was able to look through a large number before choosing a nice example. It was the only one of hundreds visible that had the smooth wood grips that compliment the pistol well. I later added a set of the Farrar grips I'd learned to appreciate when I carried a Beretta 84 many years ago. This same shop later received a number of new magazines. Great shop.

Here it is sporting the Farrar grips, marked for the Indiana State Police. Great gun. You're going to love it.

jar

I've owned a Cheetah for many decades and one of my friends had been trying to buy it from me for almost as long so when these hit the market I ordered one and gave the one I had enjoyed to my friend. The surplus one I got was in almost better shape than the one I sent to a forever home with only one real blemish in the finish that I was able to cure. I kept one spare mag from the old one and sent two along with it.

Before:
standard.jpg

After:
standard.jpg

aarondhgraham

I'm sure loving mine,,,

I'm sure loving mine,,,
At least I was until my range shut down. :(

I already owned a Model 85 and a Model 87,,,
So the decision to buy an 81 was simply a "why not" thing.

I had close to a Grand in my New Gun Fund,,,
And it had been nearly a year since I bought anything,,,
And at only $209.99 it just seemed like the gun deal of the century.

The 81 now lives permanently in my briefcase with 2 extra mags,,,
It fit the internal holster like it was made just for it.

I didn't order the hand select option but took my chances,,,
The pistol I received had a lot of holster wear,,,
A little cold blue took care of that nicely.

My only complaint was the sights,,,
They are small and dark so they disappeared in dim light.

I had a "Brite-Sight" kit laying around,,,
So I painted the front and rear with their "Glo Paint",,,
It looks like something a 3rd grader would do but now I can see them nicely.

I really do believe that this was the deal of the century for me.

If it were the only handgun I owned,,,
I would still feel well armed.

Aarond