Being a Sig owner made me appreciate Glocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJgunowner

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I'd take a P226 over a glock any day of the week and 3 times on Sunday.

AK103K

Being a Sig owner made me appreciate Glocks
Yea, me too, but it was more the money savings than the controls.

I get more guns and accessories for my money with the Glocks. SIG's are great guns, just not worth the extra $$.

Although, not worrying about where my thumbs are with the Glocks, is nice too. :)

AK103K

Hey, I had 17 of them, and I dont remember seeing them doing anything better than my Glocks, other than emptying my wallet of hard earned cash.

Back when they were somewhat reasonable, $650-700 on average with night sights, wasnt to bad. These days, I can get more or less two for one with the Glocks, and the mags are almost half the cost as well.

Whos crazy now? :D

Uncle Malice

HEY! I must be an alien, I can shoot them all! And without whining too! :D

I like the Glocks just fine, but they I feel more of an.... emotional(maybe?) connection to the Sig. The P226 in my hand is just.... like sliding your feet into an old pair of boots that have been perfectly broken in.

Of course, I might be the crazy one now. :eek:

Technosavant

To each his own- Sigs are good guns, Glocks are good guns, Smiths are good guns, etc.

But I'm not sure why a grip shift to hit the decocker is a big deal... if you're still shooting (or likely to begin again soon) then one shouldn't be decocking the thing.

SHE3PDOG

The P226 in my hand is just.... like sliding your feet into an old pair of boots that have been perfectly broken in.

Of course, I might be the crazy one now. :eek:

Indeed to both statements...which may make me crazy too.:eek:

AK103K

Why would you use the decocker while shooting?
Not so much while shooting, although its a good idea to ingrain doing it if youre not shooting.

Saves from getting SIG leg while rehosltering. ;)

SHE3PDOG

Not so much while shooting, although its a good idea to ingrain doing it if youre not shooting.

Saves from getting SIG leg while rehosltering.

I understand the purpose of a decocker, but what I don't understand is why it matters that you have to change your grip to use a decocker when you shouldn't be using it while firing anyways.

TunnelRat

Because it's become common knowledge that do-hickeys like decockers and safeties are far too complicated to have on firearms. All those GIs with 1911s died because they forgot to take off the safety, and everyone with a decocker shoots themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.