75 compared to P226

Walt Sherrill

BoogieMman said:
. I think I am going to touch up the Kadet with a fine stone and see if I can loosen it slightly.

That shouldn't be hard or cause problems. The owner's manual for the Kadet Kit HAD (the newer ones may not) instructions on how to FIT the kit to a frame. Tightness is not a big issue -- just aggravating when putting the kit one the frame.

The only way a too-loose unit might be a problem is if there is some vertical movement possible, such that when pressing the trigger, the Firing Pin Block linkage (on all but the 85 Combat, which doesn't have a FPB) causes the slide to shift upwards. But, even then it should a CONSISTENT linkage, and if the sights are set properly, it ought not have much effect on accuracy.)

As noted, the slide and barrel always act as a single unit, and if the shooter does what he or she is supposed to do, the kit is typically pretty accurate.

BoogieMan

In case anyone would like to know. My Kadet slide had a small burr that was neglected at the factory. A swipe with a needle file and a arkansas stone smoothed it out. I actually hit all the corners on the slide with the arkansas stonel. Much smoother now and easier to charge. I left the small section of slide that attached the upper slide to my frame alone. It is very tight. But I feel as if that will only improve accuracy.

Walt Sherrill

BoogieMan said:
I left the small section of slide that attached the upper slide to my frame alone. It is very tight. But I feel as if that will only improve accuracy.

The barrel and sights of the Kadet Kit are, in effect, a single unit, and the only moving part is the bolt (which is a small section within the slide) -- and the slide doesn't move. If you use the sights, you should get good results.

How TIGHTLY that lug (which you left tight) fits inside the frame can't have much effect on the gun's accuracy. In fact, some folks with more than one CZ and only one Kadet Kit don't see any difference in how the Kit performs when switched from one frame to another -- and there are differences, from the factory -- if the triggers are equally good, and allow the shooter to shoot well. (A crappy trigger doesn't make a gun less accurate, but it does make it harder to shoot the gun well.)

It's a clever design.

Last edited:

jad0110

Both have a solid reputation they have built over many years. Both function fine. Both feel great in my hands.

I went with the CZ-75 for 2 primary reasons:

1. The significantly lower bore axis
2. It was cheaper