$44,000 Diamond and Ruby 1911 Grips

bigautomatic

Forget the grips, I want those big honkin' flathead grip screws that surely make the grips more attractive to potential buyers. A guy can never have too many big chrome flathead screws.......

SAWBONES

I've seen these up for sale for a couple years, now. They're ugly.
Who would want such a thing? Maybe a Saudi sheik with more money than good taste?

tplumeri

why spend $44K when you could have this jeweled EMP for half that?! note the pearls instead of chrome screws!

2008_0401vaquero0022.JPG

RsqVet

As G. S. Patton would say... "only a pimp in a cheap New Orleans whorehouse".......

Having seen some engraved / plated / solid gold items made for folks in the mid east, they are typically better quality and better executed then these grips.

I'd bet that the value listed is inflated / optimistic. When I was involved in buying / selling something like these would be valued at it's "scrap value" no more, and if we could get scrap +15-20% we would be happy, otherwise well we would scrap it. Quality jewlery always will have value, stuff like this... well....

Samuel2001

Too bad most guys willing to buy a gun like that, usually cant buy it anyway. They might go out and sell a couple of kilos and then they cant buy cause they are probably fellons!!
I once met a guy that had $20,000 stocks made for his old .38 Super Match (Mid to late 30's mfg.). Took it out of the country to never be seen again. Probably owned by some drug/cartel type person by now.

All I have to say is YUCK!! :barf:

PunchPaper

The horror, the horror....

Grips aside, I have see better looking, better condition guns on this forum.

For me, my 1st exotic wood grip, like the cocobolo wood on
the Springfield EMP will be just fine, thank you.