40 S&W

10-96

Daewoo Model DH40 with tri-action trigger.

Just kidding, I just haven't seen a Daewoo mentioned in a long time.

tlm225

I have two, Glock 23 and S&W M&P pro 5". The M&P is my favorite because it fits my hand best. If the Glock were a better fit, I'd probably pick it.

ZEBRARANGER

What's your favorite gun in this chambering?

For me its still my almost 20 years old first gen P99. Its just been a great reliable gun with one of the best triggers that I've ever experienced, the ergonomics fit me well too. The only issue was when I first purchased it, Walters sent out a notice on the magazines to replace the original orange followers with the updated blue ones. Mine never failed but I did get the new ones. Once I lost the detent spring on the rear sight (my fault). Walthers sent me a new one at no charge.

pblanc

Either of my SIG P229s, no-rail and P229R versions. I also have a Beretta Cougar 8040F that is a good shooter.

rodfac

Sig P229 no rail.
Pretty damned good choice....but...in my example...
a Browning Hipower in .40
...is even better. My Browning is by far the most accurate .40 I've ever tried. Better than my P226, better than my Colt Gold Cup Elite with fitted Wilson bushing in .40, better by far than my wife's Glock 23. It's truly a superb handgun and a pleasure to carry. I find that the Browning in a Galco Avenger, strapped just behind my right hip is the answer when a duty sized gun is necessary.

While I found that most .40's, of my experience, were so-so accuracy wise, that Browning, in my hands, fits so well and thereby allows me to shoot to the limits of my ability.

YMMv, of course, Rod

Last edited:

tallball

I have a few that I like quite a bit: Beretta 96, Glock 22, 40 caliber 1911, and 40 caliber Witness (CZ clone).

My favorite is my Sig P229.

Most of those were police trade-ins and surprisingly inexpensive. The 1911 was the only one I bought NiB.

Webleymkv

I guess it would have to be my S&W M&P Shield since the only other .40 I've ever owned (full-size M&P) almost immediately got converted to .357 Sig (factory barrel swap).

Wag

I prefer my Beretta 96 over my M&P 40. Both are excellent shooters, but I just prefer the operation of the 96 over the striker fired. Just old school, I guess. :)

--Wag--

HistoryJunky

I have owned about 5 different pistols in .40S&W. The first pistol I carried after getting my permit was an M&P 40.

At some point I decided that I could shoot 9mm for cheaper and I was just going to go with that. I have 0 .40s now.

I still have the dies for reloading it. Maybe I'll get another one some time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cheapshooter

For a long time my IWB carry was a Springfield XD 40 Subcompact. My only 40 S&W. I still lke it a lot, but with a few incidents recently giving me thoughts of the possibility of multiple assailants, and the security of more rounds I i nd of put it on the back shelf in favor of a 9MM Sig P320 Carry. Trading off a little bit of diameter, and punch for 5-8 more rounds.