40 S&W

wayne in boca

I have a Browning Hipower in .40,and a Smith & Wesson M&P 40.The Browning is the better made pistol,but only has 10 rd. Capacity.The Smith has 15 round capacity,so is the best choice to wear to a fight.Love them both.

AgedWarrior

Springfield Armory XD Mod. 2 sub-compact. Reliable and accurate; shoots everything and shoots well. Next is CZ P-07, also a reliable and accurate gun.

Forte S+W

The Smith & Wesson Sigma SW40VE. I found it at my LGS a few months ago LNIB for $199 and I couldn't pass it up. Now it serves as my Winter Carry gun. It feels pretty good in my hand, I like the duotone stainless slide and black polymer frame, and the weight of the firearm feels right, not too light yet too heavy.
Folks complain about the trigger a lot online, but being used to firearms with heavy DA Triggers, it doesn't bother me at all.

lee n. field

Springfield Armory XD Mod. 2 sub-compact. Reliable and accurate; shoots everything and shoots well. Next is CZ P-07, also a reliable and accurate gun.

I have 2 .40s, both Springfield XD. The Service size is just fine. The subcompact is lighter and slightly handier, but for some reason I haven't been able to mitigate the trigger irritates my finger.

I've been buying up magazines for the .40 XD when I see them cheap, 'cause "the innernet" hates on both anything XD, and .40 S&W.

Last edited:

BumbleBug

.40 S&W HK P30 LEM no safety. Trigger takes practice & getting use to but after that it is a joy to shoot. You put your thumb over the hammer to acts an extra safety when holstering the gun in & out.

dontcatchmany

I have 4 40 S&W guns.

A FNX 40, a FNS 40, a Shield 40 and a Gluck 27.

The FNS 40 is my favorite. Very accurate and very easy to shoot. The FNX 40 is also exceptional, however I normally have a 357 Sig or a 9mm barrel in it. The Shield is also very good and I often carry it as a pocket pistol.

The gluck is a piece of work (I am being kind) almost every time it is shot with 40 it has to be fixed. The only way I can get it to work reliably is with 9mm. I will never own another gluck.

The FNS 40 and the FNX 40 will also shoot 9mm and 357 Sig very well.The FNS 40 was my first striker fired gun and has been flawless (the Shield and the FNX also) with thousands of rounds.

dontcatchmany

I have 4 40 S&W guns.

The FNS 40 is my favorite. Very accurate and very easy to shoot. The FNX 40 is also exceptional, however I normally have a 357 Sig or a 9mm barrel in it. The Shield is also very good and I often carry it as a pocket pistol.

The gluck is a piece of work (I am being kind) almost every time it is shot with 40 it has to be fixed. The only way I can get it to work reliably is with 9mm. I will never own another gluck.

The FNS 40 and the FNX 40 will also shoot 9mm and 357 Sig very well.The FNS 40 was my first striker fired gun and has been flawless (same with the Shield and the FNX also) with thousands of rounds.

lee n. field

I have 4 40 S&W guns.

How's the Shield .40 to shoot? There's one that's been languishing for a while in a local FFL's used display.

sigarms228

SIG P229. Mine is about year 2001 vintage with no rail.

D2JUgNL.jpg