380 pocket pistol recommendations

9ballbilly

FWIW My son loves his Browning black label .380.

It may be bigger than some others, but is very lightweight, and overall is a slick, accurate little "1911".

Hellcat1

FWIW My son loves his Browning black label .380.

It may be bigger than some others, but is very lightweight, and overall is a slick, accurate little "1911".
I just picked up one of these myself, and I have to say that I really like it, but I wouldn't consider it to be a pocket pistol. But I have the 4.25" barrel on mine versus the compact, with the 3 5/8" barrel. It is nice and slim, and I'm considering trying it as my EDC, using an AIWB holster. Here it is, shown with my full size 1911:

full

full

Frank

makarov

I have a Ruger LCP II. It is cheap and reliable. I put a Hogue grip sleeve on it, which makes it feel better. I have big hands though, so try it without it. I don't think you can go wrong with an LCP II given the price. Lots of holster options too.

Schlitz 45

I bought a Colt Mustang Pocketlite the same day Mrs bought a Sig 238, figured if we were going to add a new caliber to the family I should have one too. Out the box the Sig was the nicer pistol, better trigger & sights. Not to be outdone I went to work on "Sally" sending the slide to Novaks to replace the bump of a front sight with night sights & while the slide was gone I went to work on the internals & replaced the trigger. It's better than the Sig now but it wasn't cheap.
gTIZDZ9l.jpg

rnjLfk2l.jpg

jetinteriorguy

I bought a Colt Mustang Pocketlite the same day Mrs bought a Sig 238, figured if we were going to add a new caliber to the family I should have one too. Out the box the Sig was the nicer pistol, better trigger & sights. Not to be outdone I went to work on "Sally" sending the slide to Novaks to replace the bump of a front sight with night sights & while the slide was gone I went to work on the internals & replaced the trigger. It's better than the Sig now but it wasn't cheap.
gTIZDZ9l.jpg

rnjLfk2l.jpg
Sally,LOL. I like that.

Screwball

I’ve had the original LCP since the recall… been an awesome pocket gun. Very minimal, but better refined than the P3AT. I added a Hogue grip sleeve, CT laser and Magguts conversions in all my magazines.

I actually just ordered the LCP MAX today. Main reason, better sights in a similar size. I likely won’t retire the LCP completely, but I could see myself carrying the LCP MAX more.

My best friend has a Kahr P380… which he shot a lot. I actually had to rebuild the gun so he could continue to qualify/carry it. I don’t know the round count, but was never a fan of Kahr.

I do have a little background with Walther PPs… but I recommend those in .32 more than .380. Just a more comfortable round to shoot in those guns.

Trooper Joe

I have many .380 guns. Currently find myself grabbing my LCP Max with the 10 round mag most of the time.

However, if I could find a “user” (not pristine like this one) FEG SMC, I would throw that in my pocket. I find it easier to shoot than my various Walther PPK and PPK/S guns and much lighter with the alloy frame.

Trooper Joe

WheelGunMan

I carry a Ruger LCP in 6+1 that has been very dependable. It's a bit smaller than my wife's Kimber Micro .380 and I can shoot it better. It has a heavy trigger with no safety which I view as a plus. I recently purchased a LCP Max which I'm currently vetting as a possible replacement...but I really like the LCP.

Sd62

I love my Ruger LCP

My little LCP fits in my pocket and I usually forget it’s even there. Ruger sells it with a comfy little pocket holster. At the range at 7 yards, it does what I need it to do every time. A bad guy would not be comfortable after meeting my diminutive LCP .380.