380 Pocket Gun - which of these 3?

Cheapshooter

I have both and LCP, and a KAHR CM9, the lower cost version of the PM9.I really don't noticed a lot of diference in recoil. Maybe slightly less with the Ruger. I was shooting both just last week. Hornady Zombie Max in the Elsie (don't laugh, they were a couple bucks cheaper than Critical Defense), and some 9MM NATO in the KHAR.

Darker Loaf

Re Cheapshooter

HEH, well, dur. I know a PM 9 doesn't have a safety, but I was assuming that wasn't an option, since it's in 9mm. Also, I'm assuming his buddy wants a .380 because of the low weight to carry and thinness for concealment. Even a PM9/CW9 is 50% heavier than an LCP or a Kahr P380.

On LCP vs. CW9/PM9, I guess I just answered my own question. If both you and I experience the perceived recoil from a PM9/CW9 as less, that's sort of understandable since it has about 50% more energy AND 50% more mass (or more since that's just the unloaded weight and the loaded mags of a PM9 probably probably weight more than a LCP or Smith BG). But it still weird.

What's your take?

Cheapshooter

If added weight to reduce recoil, plus having good concealability are what the OP is looking for, the new Ruger LC380 could also be a good choice. Milder 380 caliber, but in the LC9 size.

bonefamily

If added weight to reduce recoil, plus having good concealability are what the OP is looking for, the new Ruger LC380 could also be a good choice. Milder 380 caliber, but in the LC9 size.

How does the size of the LC380 compare to the Bersa Thunder 380? Could be a close comparison. However, the BT380 is a direct blow-back and I believe the LC380 is a locked breech? That could result in a different felt recoil.

Darker Loaf

The Bersa is the thickest of the bunch of pistols we are describing. The thinnest one is 1" (the Concealed Carry one: http://www.bersa.com/bersa-firearms/thunder-concealed-carry.html). The rest are 1.3 inches, which is about the thickness of a 1911 or a full-sized handgun. They are also pretty heavy, but so is my Kahr K9 or even a Springfield XDs.

To me, the thickness of a CC handgun makes a big difference, since I'm trying to conceal mine inside the waistband. It may not make such a large difference to you.

But for me the added weight and thickness of the Bersa line puts it more in the 9mm Kahr-line, Walther PPS (also 9mm), Springfield XDs, or Ruger LC9 camp rather than the .380 close-to-10 oz camp.

mrcharlie3531

I have a ruger lcp and love it. Yes, I want another one. I purchased my lcp in pre-owned condition. I had a minor issue with the magazine latch. Ruger fixed it for free. Excellent customer service with quick turn around time. Never had a malfunction with it.

SteveBonning

I'll add my $0.02 on the Bodyguard. After all my research I went with it. Better sights, reputation for reliability, fits my hand well, conceals easily, manageable recoil; the laser I just consider a bonus since all of these small pocket pistols are for 'up close and personal' encounters for the most part. I also like the safety--don't use it; so I train with it just like my Glock 36, using the long trigger pull as a safety. I've never regretted the Bodyguard 380 purchase.

thomas361965

380 pocket pistol

I recently bought a S&W Bodygaurd for my wife and it was very accurate out of the box. I went on YouTube to see how to disassemble and reassemble. The directions in the book were not good but it was simple on YouTube. It seems to be a good shooting gun so for.

biohazurd

Of those 3 i would say the lcp. Better fit and finish then the kt and unless you really prefer lasers i would say is better selection. I have shot all 3 on various occations.