.22 cal wheel guns - let's see 'em

Singlesix1954

Gunkwazy
That is real cool tell us more info on this. Looks like it needs its own thread!
I'v never seen a magic horse I didn't like, but this is special.

GUNKWAZY

It's an interesting piece to say the least.
It's a true Colt factory experimental semi-auto 22 revolver and letters from Colt that way.
When the trigger is pulled, the hammer is actually the only thing that operates. When a round is fired, it looks like it would move the barrel.
The barrel is sleeved and looks like it goes back and forth with each round fired.
When the barrel moves, it looks to move the side mounted lever which actually rotates the cylinder.
The barrel then locks back up into the front of the cylinder when it's retracted all the way and is then ready for the next round.
It's got levers, springs and pins all moving every which way when the round goes off. All it needs is a horn and I'd have to register it as a car. :D

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

woad_yurt

1961 Single Six I'd like to sell....

It's a real beauty but I like DA shooting. It's a 1961 Magnum Model w/o the transfer bar. The one time I went to the range, I was impressed with the accuracy. But, it'll just sit in the safe with me. Someone should be shooting the thing. I put an ad in the "for sale" section:

Ruger_Single_Six_02.jpg

jlwman

Here's mine. I wanted something a little different, so when I was polishing up the insides, I went ahead and polished the trigger and the two pins. I like how it turned out.

Not bad looking for a 35 year old gun.

P2220045.jpg

kle

jlwman said:
Here's mine. I wanted something a little different, so when I was polishing up the insides, I went ahead and polished the trigger and the two pins. I like how it turned out.

Not bad looking for a 35 year old gun.

That does look pretty nice =)

passintime

Thanks Single Six, I picked that up at a gun show this year for about $185. I shot a whole bulk pack through it since and love it. The trigger and action on it is just much smoother than the new models, not to mention the stocks and bluing that is actually blue. Thanks for the compliment, it is the cheapest gun in the safe, yet it reigns over all the others :D They don't make guns like these anymore.