.22 cal wheel guns - let's see 'em

model18

.22 wheelguns

SW17-4.jpg

my 17-4

Hammer It

Hello Sackpeterson
Nice S&W's you have there. Those Roper Grip's Look Like a Keith Brown Recreation ? Here is a set of The Real Roper Grips Hand made by their Maker Matheis Gagne and Marked on the rear 1936. Roper grips fit the revolver and the users hand like no other Grips made period. ;)

To Obtain a set of them their maker required you to send him a Hand Pencil Tracing prior to him making them. I have found No subsitute for them. Keith Brown does an excellent job of making these recreations, but with the Higher grain Definition he has in his Grip's it is a Dead Give Away that they are his not the originals.

If you Look close at the Rear of the Original Ropers shown you will see the date of 1936 Scratched into them along with his Tell Tale Square Peg holes seen on all his grips as he used a Square Peg Jig to hold them in Place while he hand cut the Checkering on them. :)

For some strange reason Matheis Gagne did not Concentrate on High grain Definition in his Grips, but never the less they are the Nicest fitting grip's I have ever had, and Falling in Line with the thread on 22 Revolver's they are shown on my 1936 K-22 Outdoorsman Revolver Made the very same Year as the Grips were. ... :) Hammer It

ca5b171c.jpg

DSCF4046.jpg

DSCF6509.jpg

Hammer It

Yes, my OM has authentic Ropers,

Hey Sack
I have Never seen Roper's with that style high Grain Definition. About the Only way to "Convince" me they are authentic is to show a Picture of the Rear of them. I KNOW that Nobody else ever made them with the Square Peg Jig Holes other than Roper and there are a Lot of Knock off's out there Circulating, claiming to be Originals. Let's see a Picture of the Rear of them to put this to Rest....;) Hammer It

mnw42

I know Ropers are not known for the wood he used, but the socks on that Officers Model look pretty good!

Last edited:

jamesjo

A new addition. I have posted pics of my 4"H&R Sportsman. Just added a twin this week! Another 4" Sportsman LNIB. 1980 manufacture also! Happy day!
dscn17532.jpg

dscn17522.jpg

Nnobby45

My Diamondback .22 is great for practice or fun. My 317 S&W J-frame 8 shooter is good for practice, also--I should make a note to shoot it more.:cool:

kle

Leejack said:
Lookie here!

Oh man, I like the looks of that one! I had a 5.5" stainless one, but I didn't like it. A 6.5" should be better for me (more barrel weight + aluminum grip frame = more muzzle heavy, which is what I like).

And I DO like the smell of Hoppe's #9 in the morning...