.22 AR Look alike in .22

Microgunner

Had a Colt M4 OPS. It was OK, I guess, but I quickly sold it after purchasing the vastly superior CMMG Sierra .22lr upper for my AR-15.

The CMMG is built like real AR from steel and aluminum, not like a converted air soft rifle with ZAMAK innards and a fake barrel shroud over a skinny little pencil barrel like the Colt.

No comparison between the two.

CMMG also offers a complete .22lr AR rifle that will accept centerfire uppers.

A liittle more money, a lot more rifle.

cmmgupper003.jpg

cmmgupper005.jpg

Fishbed77

Can anyone comment on Nordic Components .22LR uppers?

They are very nice, but very expensive, and I'm not sure that they are really any better than the more reasonably-priced and still excellent CMMG uppers.

hulley

i say build a dedicated upper if you already have an AR15. Here is my little toy shown with SS Sparrow suppressor attached. I also had mu Smith make me a barrel extention to put in place when not using the suppressor. I built this from a CMMG kit.

TomADC

A New Frontier poly lower with a PSA lower parts kit, the upper is a Spikes ST-22 dedicated 22LR upper.

407270216.jpg

4runnerman

MP 15-22 And 5 Mags and I love it. Lost all intrest in shooting 22 till I got this baby. Loading mags bites,but emtying them is a blast:D

Ibmikey

4runnerman, If I read correctly you would like easier loading..Raven Eye Custom has mag buttons and a tool that eases the job considerably.

Fishbed77

Its hard to justifiy buying only a dedicated 22lr upper for $600+, when you can buy a complete M&P15-22 for under $500

Not if you want a real forged aluminum and steel AR-15 chambered in .22LR, as opposed to a plastic AR-15 replica.