16,000+ TFLers couldn't be bothered...

JohnKSa

Administrator
Totals for National Ammo Day are pitiful--fewer than 1,000 people have reported buying ammo.

It's days like this that make me want to save time and mental anguish by just turning in my guns now.

The level of apathy among gun owners is truly incredible.

We're talking about a trip to the local Wal-Mart and a purchase of around $5.00 or less for some .22LR and yet it was just too much of a hassle...

www.nationalammoday.com

Cadwallader

Well, I remembered to buy ammo - I can always use another brick or two of .22LR - I didn't know that anyone was reporting it to be tabulated. Maybe that's part of the answer to the low numbers you've seen?

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Um, I bought a gun instead. Is that okay? :(

(It's a real pretty nickel Bodyguard Airweight...)

(...and I bought 100 rounds of 9mm and 500 rounds of 5.56 at the gun show on Saturday.)

Kirk Keller

I picked up 600 rounds of South African 5.56 in battle packs. I simply lacked the time and inclination to post it earlier.

sm

Congrats Tamara!

I did my part, bought ammo, sent congress critters mail, forwarded my talley, made a contribution...and reminded others to do the same.

Its my understanding the talley is going on through until 11/25. This thread will probably get the #'s up. I 'spect Tamara is busy getting her new addition ready for a photo shoot.

itgoesboom

Im sorry, i was unable to purchase ammo today.

I went and shot my carry ammo yesterday (1/2 price day at the range, and i am close to broke), so i had to purchase replacement ammo yesterday, cuz i didn't feel right about carrying an empty gun for 24 hours.

I.G.B.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Okay, fine, fine!

I just went to Old Western Scrounger and bought 50 rounds of Fiocchi for my Nagant revolver and another 20 rounds of 7.7 Jap Norma softpoints. (Ouch!)

Made it in 12 minutes before the deadline! :D

Tweak

Couldn't be bothered to do what?

And I am talking about the BBT dropping off a $400 box on my front step today.

If you're going to give away your guns because the vast majority of shooters don't like to be told what to do can I have them?

Parke1

7.7 Jap?!?

Tamara,

Is this Old West Scrounger an online ammo supplier, or a local store? I've been looking for some 7.7 Jap to try out my as-yet-unfired (by me) Arisaka.

If it is a local place, where can I order 7.7 Jap? I only want like one box to experience the gun.

Thanks!
-Parke1

sm

Tamara, why doI feel like :
1) they would stay open late for you
2) open up in the middle of night, weekends, holidays...
3) considered just giving you keys to the place [or have they already?]

TexasVet

Hey, where are you tallying?

I got 400 rounds of Korean 30-06 and 500 rounds of 7.62X25 Tok and 440 rounds of Albanian (ALBANIAN!!!???) 7.62X54R and to make a local impression bought a a couple more bricks of .22 at Wally World. (like I really needed MORE .22, you'd think there's gonna be an armadillo population explosion or something!):D

Not to worry , John.

I am daring to assume that many of us who purchased ammo that day simply chose not to advertise the fact. :D

But, just FYI, I picked up a "few" rounds for the Benelli and the Colt m'self. ;)

taco

I got ammo today after work.
I got 30 boxes of 12 ammo and spent just under $100.

Is that okay?