10mm suggestions

Having owned a couple of G20s, and an S&W 610, I was surprised that I ended up owning (and keeping) a Springfield XDm 4.5 OSP 10mm. Fitted it with a Holosun HS507c V2 and with the factory match-grade barrel it's a tack driver. Fit my hand the best and with 15+1 it's got enough ooomp going for it. Finding a holster was a "saga" but it's built like a tank and runs like a sewing machine.

Attachments

• xd 10 c.jpg
    xd 10 c.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 11

AlaskaMike

Having owned a couple of G20s, and an S&W 610, I was surprised that I ended up owning (and keeping) a Springfield XDm 4.5 OSP 10mm. Fitted it with a Holosun HS507c V2 and with the factory match-grade barrel it's a tack driver. Fit my hand the best and with 15+1 it's got enough ooomp going for it. Finding a holster was a "saga" but it's built like a tank and runs like a sewing machine.

I see this is your first post--welcome!

I've been very happy with my XDM Service Model in 10mm as well. I absolutely agree about the holster situation too, unfortunately. However, I also have an XDM target model with the 5" barrel, and I have to say the holster situation is even worse for it.

While I shoot them well, I've never liked the Glock grip angle. And while the XDM series isn't perfect from my view, it certainly has a grip angle that I find far more comfortable and intuitive. Also, even though both the Glock and the XDM are striker fired pistols, I find the stock trigger on the XDM to be noticeably better than the Glock trigger, regardless of generation. Of course, both the Glock and the XDMs have aftermarket triggers available.