Your most tactical semi auto?

mavracer

That mindset and a buck or two will get you a cup of coffee. Don't you want a gun to go with the mindset?
Oh don't get me wrong a gun might be a tool that will come in real handy.But tactics come from the mind of the tactician not from gadgets hanging off the pistol.I spend a good deal of my day prohibited from carrying a firearm but I still have my wits and there are many other tools at my disposal.

PS you kan keep the coffee that stuff'll kill you

RGR3/75

or you could die in a freak gasoline fight accident

the suspect was dressed like a woman ... but spoke like a man. hahaha

Last edited:

wingspar

mavracer said:
Oh don't get me wrong a gun might be a tool that will come in real handy.But tactics come from the mind of the tactician not from gadgets hanging off the pistol.I spend a good deal of my day prohibited from carrying a firearm but I still have my wits and there are many other tools at my disposal.

The word “Tactical” seems to be much overused, but we are so used to the term and the guns we refer to as “tactical”. For the heck of it, I looked “tactical” up on dictionary.com. No mention of a gun at all. However, I suppose my Glock 17 would fit the common mind set of a tactical weapon, tho, if your tactics are well thought out, almost anything that goes bang and isn’t too large to move around with easily would work for a tactical operation. Wikipedia gave the same definition.

tac-ti-cal [tak-ti-kuhl] –adjective

1. of or pertaining to tactics, esp. military or naval tactics.

2. characterized by skillful tactics or adroit maneuvering or procedure: tactical movements.

3. of or pertaining to a maneuver or plan of action designed as an expedient toward gaining a desired end or temporary advantage.

4. expedient; calculated.

5. prudent; politic.

reticle

I think interest in 'tactical' weapons and components is a harmless fascination. Not sure I understand those developmentally arrested enough to mock others' interests simply for being different than theirs.

45Gunner

Tactical? Isn't that a word used to sell tons of after-market crap one really doesn't need in the first place?

One reliable, adequate caliber handgun. Three full magazines, one in the well and a round in the chamber is about as tactical as I get. My brain is the tactician and for it I need not have bells, whistles, lights, lasers, or other such stuff to outsmart a dummy that thinks he is going to get me, my family, or my stuff.

I have written in previous posts about a friend I call the ultimate warrior. He exhausts countless hours finding the ultimate "tactical gun" and once he procures it, he spends large dollars equipping it with lights, lasers, and who knows what else. Three months later, he finds the next ultimate tactical gun and sells off everything he just bought for 1/2 of what he paid for it to help fund his next project. If he were a bit more clever, he would invest in a good handgun training class that teaches tactics and survival for home defense.

ausher

My Pac-Lite. Just need a suppresor.
aea67d97.jpg

Don P

Would like to hear from you guys about what is the most tactical pistol you have set up?

Don't have one, I live in the free world and am not LE so I have no need for a "tactical" pistol. I guess if one has to live in a 3rd. world cess-pool one may have a need for one. Just more crap to break or malfunction. Learn to use what is stock and dependable. Just my opinion now.

IMTHDUKE

This is about as tactical as I get...
I have this in the house....
62520996525079.jpg

Then I have this little dog in the back yard....

62520996536311.jpg

.357SIG

Oh man, this thread took a turn for the worst...

Seriously, three pages of people telling this guy how you dislike the word "tactical"? Some of you need to chill out.

I only buy stock guns, but I do have one SIG P226 Blackwater, and that's only because I got it cheaper than a regular NIB P226. Has 20-round mags. Everything else I own is bone stock or only one deviation from stock, and that's because some have night sights.

My AR has a Bushnell Holosight (only because it was $100 from a friend) and a SureFire 6P mounted in a scope ring attached to a tiny rail on my forend. My HD shotty is a stock Maverick 88 18.5" 6-shot.

I'm not big on accessories, but don't take every opportunity to down other people who do like them.