Your first gun

Turbocharged

Mine was a Remington Fieldmaster 572 pump-action .22 rifle. I got it when I was 6 and it is still in my gun case right now. Great little rifle.

noelf2

My first gun was an H&R Topper Jr. 20 gauge single shot shotgun. My dad bought it for me when I was 11 (around 1973 or 74). Still have it and use it often.

Kreyzhorse

The first gun that I owned was a Ruger Single Six. It was a gift from my Dad and I know longer own it..... Don't ask but I wasn't the one who sold it!!!! :mad:

The first gun I bought was a Glock 22. I still own it and actually carried it today.

Ruger4570

More years ago than I want to think about, my Grandfather gave me my first 2 guns. One was a 1917 Eddystone 30-06 the other was a Winchester 37 single shot 12 guage shotgun. I think if I remember right, grandpa paid something like $26.00 for the Eddystone and got it thropugh the mail. I sold it many years ago, unfortunatly. I wish now I hadn't.

Hardtarget

My first gun came to me from my dad. We hunted small game only so he gave me a Savage, mod 24....22/410. It is in the safe.

The first gun I bought was a Colt, diamond back, 4" .38 special. It's also in the safe.

First centerfire rifle...Win .30-30. In the safe.

The only guns I've turned loose of are guns I specifically bought for my sons. If it comes to my house...it has a home for keeps. :D

Mark.

Rich Miranda

...what was the very first gun you owned?

This was my first gun, which I still own and love. Ruger P90 .45, bought in late 2007 or thereabouts. I bought it because I had used it to qualify (as a security guard) with back in 1993. I liked it then but wasn't into guns. Then, I met my now-good friend and he had one. So, when I (moved to Texas and) started looking for a gun, I gravitated toward the P90. Great gun, very reliable, more accurate than most 1911-ophiles believe.

I admit, she's uglier than even my prom date, but she sure gets the job done (just like my prom date :D ).

Untitled4.jpg

Harry Callahan

S&W Model 439 in nickel. Used to go out with a very attractive 18 year old and we decided to move in together. Her stepfather also thought she was attractive and let her know many times after he had been drinking. Made her do things she didn't want to do so she moved in with me. She was afraid he was going to come after her so I bought the gun for HD. It was what all the Illinois State Troopers were carrying at the time so I thought that was good enough for me.:D. She's gone now but I still have my Smith!

2rugers

I was six when daddy gave me my first, it was a Remington 510 Targetmaster 22lr.
It was his before it was mine and Granddaddys before that and you bet I still have it.

golfnutrlv

Marlin .22

My first gun when I was ripe age of 10 was a Marlin Model 39 Lever Actions .22 rifle.

I shoot it often, and will keep it forever. I recently added a scope for even more accuracy and fun!

Check it out:

MarlinM39TDS2.jpg

MarlinM39Close1.jpg

hoytinak

The first I every fired: I was 5 years old and my dad handed my a Wichester 30/30 lever action to fire. He stood behind me and didn't help one bit. He did get pretty upset when I fired it and it actually knocked me on my butt and I dropped the rifle on the ground. Not only did the recoil kick my butt, he did too. :rolleyes:

A year later he did buy me a semi-auto .22lr rifle (don't remember the model)....and he actually started to teach me the proper way to handle firearms and shoot.

Sevens

When my Dad passed away, I became the owner of his childhood rimfire rifle: Stevens Model 86C, a tube-fed, bolt action rifle. Smooth as butter bolt, torn up stock, heavy trigger and lousy sights. I love it. I wish I could scope this rifle. I think if I actually knew a real gunsmith, I might have him do it, if it were possible. The value of the gun is sentimental, and a scope on it would allow me to shoot it, because I can't deal with the sights. It would cost well more than the value of the gun just to be able to put a scope on it. I may do this one day.

First new gun I ever owned was my beloved S&W model 17, blued, 6 inch, target trigger, target hammer, adjustable sights. Mom got this for me for Christmas the year he died.

First gun I ever bought with my own money was my S&W model 686, .357 Mag, 6-inch barrel, adjustable sights. Saved paper route money and then summer job money.

Yup, still have them all. I never discharged a real firearm until I was 15, but I personally owned four handguns, two shotguns and two rifles by the day I graduated High School. (five airguns, too.) I also began reloading .38 Special and 20 gauge on my own at 17.