your FIRST 1911

scottl

Para LTC
100_0220.jpg

Andy Taylor

My first was a Colt Combat Elite in the early 90's. I didn't have it very long. It was a POS.

My first that I kept, and liked was a Springfeild Mil-Spec. Great gun.

only1najeep

Springfield champion mil-spec. Loved it when I bought it, I ended up trading away to someone who wanted it as a base for some custom work. Got a stainless Springfield a1 in return

KyJim

My first one was a Colt Combat Elite in the 1980s. At the time, it was probably the closest you could get to "custom" in a manufacturer's gun. Below is a fairly poor picture of it:

Colt_Combat_Elite_01.jpg

banditgriot

Like a few on here have stated, mine was a Kimber Custom II. I bought it for $500 from my favorite gun shop and proceeded to have it customized by Qualite Pistol & Revolver. For just under $1,300 I had a new Clark barrel and bushing, Vlask trigger, magazine well/main spring housing, Novak sights, thumb and beaver tail grip safety, front strap checkering and the smiths proprietary deep blue finish. The gun was beautiful and almost as reliable and accurate as a HK USP Tactical 45 I paid $750 the year before. That said, the HK was bloated and fugly.

I have yet to find my Excalibur, however, when I do I shall be king...of my closet. Maybe that Dan Wesson Valor is the one-or should I get the Glock 21SF and be done?

RC20

I shot a lot of military 1911 when I was a kid (the good old days).

Only one I bought was a Star PD (and I think its a 1911 but........)

Still have it though I can't see the sights worth a hoot now

Always liked the triggers, even the GI ones were decent.

nimbleVagrant

Springfield Loaded. I've never really caught the "1911 bug", so it's still my one and only. But I do have the "good handgun bug", so I image I'll pick up another some day.

MissouriShooter

Just bought an RIA 1911 Milspec. Been selling and trading a bit (retired, less cash for fun these days) and got this from Bud's. Looks just like my sidearm from my year in RVN and will likely spiff it up a bit.

EDC is a Glock26, a Bersa Thunder 380 or a Taurus PT145 MilPro depending on the weather. No mouseguns for me, tried 'em, hands a little achy from arthritis.

ftttu

I forgot the make and model of the one I won at a gun show back in the '90's but I only fired it a few times, selling it not too long after that. I couldn't carry it at work and I knew I would fire it that much so it went to a buddy for a good price.

P.S. Even if I was allowed to carry it at work, the trigger was way too light for stressful situations. When the tachypsychia effect occurs, I believe it is better to have a longer and heavier trigger pull. Only my .02 worth.

I still have my first wife, my first car, my first rifle, but I no longer have my first 1911 variant. And Shadi Khalil took the words out of my mouth with the exact model Kimber I had:

Thankfully I can't post pictures of my first 1911, a kimber ultra carry. That was the worst piece of $900 garbage I've ever had the misfortune of owning.

Now, if you want to talk about the most recent purchases, that's a different story altogether....:)

zachkuby87

Some nice guns there I'm kind of wishing I wouldn't have started this thread I was able to put my 1911 cravings away for a day now after looking through here I got the itch again I can't wait for my ria. It will also be my first non plastic gun. Other than my marlin 336 if that counts? Even my 12 gauge and .270 have synthetic stocks.

Mike38

My first M1911 was a Colt series 70 customized by C.T.Brian. Sold it and have been kicking myself ever since. A few more, sold them too but don’t miss them. Currently down to one M1911 platform pistol. It’s an Argentine Colt that I customized myself. Different slide, BoMar sights, Kart barrel, trigger job, grips, etc. I will never get rid of this one.

COSteve

After 41 years going without a 1911, I decided to honor John Browning this last March and bought a Springfield 'NM' Mil-Spec. I've got to say that it's a keeper.

DSCN2921.jpg