your FIRST 1911

zachkuby87

Well I always see people asking what 1911 they should buy as there first including myself. I don't even have mine yet it is ordered and paid for I'm just waiting. Its an ria tactical duo tone. So what did everyone wind up with? Post pics show em off but remember I'm talking about your first 1911 not your favorite or most expensive the very first one you purchased. I'll be posting pics as soon as mine shows up.

Wishoot

I saw these on sale from Centerfire Systems. The price looked great. If I were not in the process of buying a SA Loaded from a friend, I would of bought one a couple of days ago.

Congratulations. Based on pretty much everything I read about RIA, you'll have a nice shooter.

laytonj1

My first:

Jim
DSCN1190.jpg

pilpens

1st - Kimber Custom II.
It has carbon slide and SS frame (Blued or painted Black to match the slide).
Picked it over a Springfield that was similarly equipped. At the time, the retail prices were the same for both but Kimber was on sale for $100 less ($599). Also, pick it over the SA because of the firing pin safety (yes, just me). I still have the pistol. I take the range every month to shoot a few rounds (usually a mag). I still CC it once in a great while. It is my only .45 pistol.

Dobe

Don't have any pictures, and don't even have it with me at the moment.

It is a Kimber Custom Target - Pre Series II. It shoots nice, and I have enjoyed it. This 1911 led me to about 9 other 1911's, other Kimbers, Colts, Norinco, and an Ed Brown, and recently a Ruger.

1911s are a wonderful breed.

MidwestRookie

My first was an STI Spartan...

before I took it to the range for the first time I sold it to my dad who had been wanting a cheaper (in price) 45...

Then I ordered an Ed Brown Special Forces...that'll be the first 1911 I shoot sometime towards the middle of November hopefully.

pic:
DSC0266265.jpg

Micahweeks

An STI Spartan. It is a terrific gun and is my most recent purchase. I struggled for a while with what my first 1911 should be, and I'm pleased with my decision.

ATW525

My first 1911 was a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec in stainless. It was flawless in function and great fun to shoot, but could have used a dehorning since it tore up holsters something fierce.

My first 1911 was a Kimber Custom II. Series II gun and a dreaded external extractor, but after a few early glitches this gun has been dead nutts reliable. Over 8000 rounds through it and still going strong. Its dressed up now with Meprolight night sights, Ed Brown mainspring housing with magwell and Wilson Combat starburst G10 grips. Still my favorite gun to shoot.

Shadi Khalil

Thankfully I can't post pictures of my first 1911, a kimber ultra carry. That was the worst piece of $900 garbage I've ever had the misfortune of owning. That pretty much turned me off 1911 for a while and haven't owned one since.

B. Lahey

An aluminum frame Springfield 1911a1, of the finest brazillian quality (it mostly functioned with ammo it liked, and no parts broke in the first few years).

Should have bought a Colt, I finally did and have been spoiled rotten ever since...

irish52084

Kimber pro carry Ten II. I loved it and sold it, but if I ever get the chance I'll buy it back. Probably my best 1911 overall, others have been better looking, or had better trigger, sights etc..., but that first one was the most accurate.

My first 1911-influenced handgun was a Viz 35 Radom made under German occupation.

My first true 1911 was a Springfield 1911 A1 Mil Spec, which I bought for as new for a pittance.