YOUR FAVORITE WALKING VARMINTER lots of pics!

j.chappell

Come on, had the barrel extended? What did they do weld a piece on, thread it on, overbore the whole thing, then sleeve it?

J.

5RWill

J.,

How is the .224 weatherby? I thought i had decided a 22-250 over the .224 but i would like to have a decently rare varmint cartridge.

j.chappell

You would have to have a custom gun built, as it is not based on a standard case design. Weatherby doesn’t even make one anymore and you simply cant buy a barrel and have it chambered due to the odd case head size.

I'd never think about it unless you find an original. I am a Weatherby fan that’s why I wanted it. As stated previously it offers nothing over the 250 and factory ammunition is now over $50.00 a box.

I love mine but got it at the right price and right time. Would I buy another, heck yeah if I came across one for what I wanted to pay!

J.

5RWill

I figured i would have to get one custom built. Like you said have the weatherby case design and the .224 caliber. I just did a google search found one on gun broker but it's above 1000$. Guess ill stick with the 22-250

eastbank

my walker is a old tang safety ruger 77 RL in 22-250 with a 3x9 compact leupold scope, it will put 3 shots in a inch group at 100yds from a bench rest but after that they open up to 2-2.5 inch. but i seldom shoot more than 3 shots in a row hunting. eastbank.

Smaug

My Humble Entry

My Ruger 77/22 in 22LR.

Maybe not what some would consider a varmint gun, but rest assured, any varmint within 100 yards of me is in grave danger!

Ruger77_22_2.jpg

Ruger77_22_1.jpg

Bugflipper

Those are some nice rifles guys. I use a 243 AI for a long range walk about. And a 300 whisper for up close.

Attachments

• 243ackimp.jpg
    243ackimp.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 36
  • ar can.jpg
    ar can.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 27

j.chappell

Here is my 221. Stainless TC Contender frame, trigger job, 20" bull barrel, Talley base and rings, Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40mm ballistic plex. I have used this rifle with full power loads for varmints as well as small game with reduced loads that are right around 22 MAG velocities.

J.

015.jpg

013.jpg

012-1.jpg

011.jpg

008-1.jpg

5RWill

Bugflipper,

Those are some very very nice rifles you got man. Love that .243 and AR. But especially the .243

j.chappell

Bugflipper,

How does the suppressor work out for you on the 243? Have you taken any DB readings?

That is a suppressor and not a dampner correct?

J.