Your favorite Rifle, Truck, Dog Combo

Kodiac

Just for fun guys:
When you want to head up into the mountains for an afternoon of search your soul... what do you take with you?

I used to load up my old '78 Ford pickup with my two dogs (German Shepards, Phobos and Deimos other wise known as Fear and Dread - the moons of Mars), and put my rifle in the back window - a Marlin lever action in .44 magnum. (last month I sold my Marlin, needed a fast wad of cash and the bank looked too solid).
That was some good times last trip... I will have to go agin soon. Next trip will be in the Rockies instead of the lush Appalacians.

Any good get away spots in the rockies? (dumb question)

Truck: '83 Ford F150 XLS Stepside 4x4

Rifle: H&K SL-7 Carbine

Dawg Combo: Any coupla dem floozies that hang out at the Dew Drop Inn, Murphy, NC

4V50

Retired Screen Name
'73 Landrover (88" wheelbase)
Marlin 1894 in .357 & 4" Python
Black lab (deaf & almost blind) but loves the woods.

[This message has been edited by 4V50 (edited 10-27-98).]

Rob Pincus

Right Now: Chevy Crew Cab dually one ton (which would promptly get its firberglass crushed and end up stuck becuase it is a 2wd hwy beast..), German Sheperd (SanGreal), and Rem 700 in 308. w/ Scout set-up.

Perfect World: Hummer, German Sheperd, Real Steyr Scout Rifle.

GLV

98 Dodge 3/4 ton, Lance 8 1/2' camper, 23lb Shelty, Mas 49/56/Remington 870. Leaving Nov 9th. GLV

DC

Moderator Emeritus
89 Dodge Ram 250
Ruger Mini-14 Ranch or Wnchester 30-30
My big ol orange beast (gold ret/ger shep) who gets so happy that no one around can't help but laugh

ShadedDude

ok...while living large....

Dodge T-Rex prototype
Lar Grizzly 50 BMG
Great dane.

On the more managable side...

<A HREF="http://www.hummbug.com">Hummbug kit car </A>
Ruger 10/22
and a Chiwahwa.

Daryl Waldron

GMC 1996 4X4
Marlin 30-30 and Ruger 77/22-(1991 Colt 45)
Curr dog,, answers to Dog
I do this a few times a week. Have to keep eye on da cows. There are no mountains here but i did not think ya'll would mind if I posted.

Plainsman

OK! 1991 GMC ext. cab 4x4 Sonoma
Marlin Mod. 780 bolt action .22 or Ruger 10/22 and Ruger Redhawk, .44 mag.
Used to take King, 125 lb. black lab,
now a Samoyed Husky and a Sheltie/Blue
Healer, Nikki and Duches respectively.

Plainsman

FirstFreedom

6 and 1/2 years later

Nice resurrection, Siggy. 01 Toy Taco (toyota tacoma), 5sp std, 4x4, supercab short bed, SR5 package, Pace brand cab-high camper, Rudy (the 35 pound mutt) - he loves the outdoors, and I'd take at least 3 rifles - *right now* probably the CZ 452 in .22 mag, the marlin 60 in .22lr, and the Saiga .308 AK, 22" bbl, and a couple of handguns (the Taurus 94, 5", .22lr and the CZ85, 9x19). If I headed off on foot, I'd take the Marlin .22 - it's fairly light (unless some big game was in season, then the .308).

Rembrandt

10-22f.jpg

186382.JPG

Kaiser1.jpg

abelew

2005 f150 FX4 extended cab
G36 clone (from sl8)
Black lab/Flatcoat retriever mix (really nice dog, good lookin too!)

Course, all 'cept the dog are just fantisy for me (am pooooooor)

TPAW

My stainless steel Mini 30! Like the mailman, she'll go in snow, rain, wind, mud and sand! :D
Forgot..Sunny weather too. ;)