• Straight-Pull

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Semi-Auto

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Muzzle Loader

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

amprecon

What is your favorite rifle action? Of all those available I find that I dislike the bolt action the most. I find it the most awkward action to work especially under stress.
My favorite is the semi-automatic. They do tend to be heavier, but it's benefits make up for that for me.

Kreyzhorse

I prefer a good bolt action, but I really like the falling block action of my Ruger No. 1.

Falling Block should be added to the poll.

SPUSCG

the hun i shoot best is my friend's marlin 336 w/ aftermarket peep sights, shooting usually 4-8 inches offhand at 100 yards, about 2 inches off a rest. so its lever for now. when i shoot more actions in the future ill probably change

Moloch

I have voted for muzzleloader.

I have my guns for fun, and the muzzleloaders are the most fun. They are neither fast nor easy to load, but pouring down 120 grains of powder and stuffing a .62 caliber patched ball down the bore is just something completely different than a semi-auto doing everything for you. With the ML system you need brains, with the modern systems just throw in the magazine and empty it. With the muzzleloader your shot is much more valuable because each shot takes some time to load. And it also feels more valuable.

And yes, I have 5 bolt action rifles, 1 break action shotgun, a semi-auto pistol and a revolver. The muzzleloaders are just too much fun. You have to be close and personal with each shot, you touch the projectile, pour down the powder, stuff it all into place, you get dirty fingers and smell the burnt powder.....:D

FrankenMauser

I have bone chips floating around on a few of my knuckles. Operating a lever action can be quite painful.

Aside from that; my body has been trained, for years, to operate a bolt action. It is second nature to wrack the bolt back, and slide 'er right back in for a follow up shot.

N00b_Shooter

I have only ever shot a bolt action, that being said the high accuracy thats associated with bolts has drawn me in and will probably keep it my favorite regardless.

BuckHammer

amprecon said:
I find it the most awkward action to work especially under stress.
Weird. Bolts are second nature for me. It's a tie for me between bolt and semi-automatic. I voted for semi because practicing rapid, aimed shots is really fun.

armedtotheteeth

I went Semi. I like stuff simple. Pull the trigger "bang!" pull the trigger again, "bang!" WOW! Coincidence?... I think not. Guess what happens if you pull the trigger again. YUP! .."BANG!" (well unless your out of ammo.)