Your fav. Compact version of a Fullsized 9mm?

PsychoSword

I hate all compact pistols that are modeled after full sized guns. I LOVE the Beretta 92FS, I HATE the Beretta 92 compact. You don't gain anything, you only lose. The pistol is only VERY SLIGHTLY smaller and you loser barrel length and alot of capacity. The only good compacts are the really small ones that are a completely separate design from their full sized counterparts. Of course I'm slightly larger than average (6' 225lbs.) so full size handguns conceal on me pretty easily with adequate clothing. Tiny guns like P32's and my Cop .357 derringer disapear in my front pocket.

Eric Larsen

Psycho....hey to each there own. My opinion is different than yours.
I find the shrunk versions are highly advantagous. Most are smaller guns of long time production guns that are very proven for reliability. This makes them inherently reliable as long as the maker keeps the same internal workings...alot have.

While some arent that much smaller than the bigger guns...you bring a great example up on this one..The Beretta really isnt as Compact in relation to the rest of the models Ive seen.

The reduced capacity isnt an issue to me, my PCR is substantially smaller than the Fullsized 75 B, still has 15 rnds of 9mm and shoots as well as the fullsize.

The gun is a compromise for sure...I wont deny it. But to me the changes are worth it....but then again, Im 5'10" and 165 lbs.

For me they offer better concealability and lighter weight, while retaining an adequate grip size and barrel length.

Like I said to each there own...:D

Shoot well

drivenrhythm

Trade the Kahr???

Trade the Kahr? No way! Perhaps it's because I just dealt with the pros at Kahr, and the MK9 they returned to me is truly the best BUG I've ever shot, but I would never trade my Kahr.

I have a Kimber Custom that is an excellent full sized pistol, but the downsized Colt Gov't model .380 I picked up pales by comparison with the Kahr, and is a poor substitute for the full sized 1911.

Both the full sized Kimber and the smaller Colt print under a single layer of clothing. The MK9 in a Bianchi IWB is a much better choice for a CCW, especially in the warm southern climate, and, so far, it's the only small semi-auto I've found that I'd rely upon in a life and death situation.

22mag

My Sig 228 9mm with the Sig 232 .380 or 9mm kurz as a back up.If only I had bought these Sigs before all the other guns..Nill grips

Or a Kel-Tec P-11 9mm while not on the same level as the Sigs , is a lite weight carry or car gun and only around $220 only problem loading hollow points till about 200 rounds, standard 9mm works fine.

Attachments

• sig 9mm + .380.jpg
    sig 9mm + .380.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 33

Mastrogiacomo

My permit prohibits me from getting full sized guns because of the high capacity. However, until I can buy those I own two Beretta 92FS Compact Type Ms -- one in Inox and the other in Black. They suit me just fine and are by far my favorite guns. I'm sure the others are wonderful too, but for me, the Beretta is all I'll need. Thank God, because they're also affordable! :D

boiler03

Type-M's

How are the grips on those type-M's. I am considering get one, but haven't been able to find one to handle. I have a 1911, how does it compare to that. Normal Berettas are fat, but how are the single stack M's. Thanks.