Your fav. Compact version of a Fullsized 9mm?

Eric Larsen

Ive just been thinking about what qualities I like in carry guns.
After much thought, I think the compact versions of some fullsize guns are one of the best for this purpose. Most of the fullsized versions have been around for years and have proven themselves to the world. A definite plus is most take the fullsize versions Mags with no problem...Usually.
I may be looking to trade the Kahr for another such gun. I am getting petty in my state of being broke and have decided another 9mm would be a welcome substitution in my safe. I like the cost of practice ammo and the higher capacity of these guns. Heres what I can come up with off the top of my head.......
What Im thinking about here is a FULLSIZE gun that has had its length and height reduced....not a Walther pp to a PPK.........

FN HP DAc 9mm....shrunk HP DA
CZ Compact....shrunk 75B
Arcus 94 & 98 C...shrunk d/a and s/a HP clones
Bersa FS9...shrunk down Thunder
Witness Compact...shrunk Witness

What did I miss and what are your favs?

Shoot well

Preacherman

Glock 17 - full-size;
Glock 19 - compact;
Glock 26 - sub-compact;
Glock 34 - over-full-size competition/tactical model.

mcrog

ccw

My fav would be my Kimber Pro Carry, full size frame but light as a feather.4.3" bull and 8 rnd. of 185 Hydra Shok.

sox

Eric, take a look at the Springfield Armory XD series. I rented one the other day and was really impressed. The trigger is sweet, no sproing feel like the Glock. The grip safety is another great feature to my way of thinking. There current XD is equal in length to the G19 and they are coming out with a subcompact with a 3.1" barrel, to hold 10 rounds. It is along the lines of the G26 but should be a little shorter in OAL if it has only 3.1" barrel. Springfield is really trying and I am going to give them my support. I like Glocks, but Gaston is a bit arrogant. You can't send Glock email, they're website is very dated and boring. Scope out the www.hs2000talk.com. Take it easy, Dave.

Shmackey

Eric, you know it's gotta be a 75 Compact!

The HK is nice but it's the same size as a lot of fullsize pistols. And the fullsize HK should be called the uncompact.

Eric Larsen

You know Ive been there and owned/shot that :D The Compact is a sweety for sure....but its too cumbersome for a CCW. My PCR does everything just like my Compact did and weighs less.
CZ's are always in my mind and on my head...CZ hat :rolleyes:

BTW, ID LOVE AN FN HP DAc.....barely bigger than my K40! and 10 buwetts...wots and wots o buwetts.
Shoot well

9x19

Mine favorite 9mm (fullsize and compact) twosomes are:

Glock 17 and Glock 26.

Springfield 1911A1 and Springfield Ultra-Compact.

blades67

Some of my favorite compact versions of my favorite full size guns:

P225 (Compact version of 9mm P220.)

P228 (Compact version of P226.)

P245 (Compact version of .45 ACP P220.)

G19 (Compact version of G17.)

G29 (Compact version of G20.)

Kimber Pro Carry II (Compact version of Kimber Custom II.)

There are others, but you get the idea.

Pilot

Another for CZ

CZ-75D PCR. While I love the HK P7 series, its not a compact version of a larger 9MM and therefore does not fit the parameters of the question.