Your carry guns smallest to the largest

Nick_C_S

. . . what do you have to do if you, say purchase another gun and want carry it?

You can modify your permit. You have to qualify with every gun on your permit, so you'd need to qualify with your new gun (attend a course, and show sufficient aptitude with the gun). Then take the qualification certificate to the sheriff's office (uhh, don't carry at the sheriff's office ;) :D ) and make the changes on your permit. It's a process, but very doable. I only needed to do it once. I've been happy with the three on my permit for a long time now.

unclenunzie

Smallest to largest I tend to choose, of late:

Kahr PM9
Taurus 856
Glock 48+S15

The actual smallest I have carried is my Seecamp 32, the largest H&K P30. Honorable mention to the lightest: Kel-Tec P32.

TailGator

Smallest is my current pocket pistol, a Sig P238.

Largest carry is my current EDC carried IWB, Glock 26.

Between in size was the only other handgun I carried since getting my license in the late '80s, a 642.

I don't change carry pistols very often. Other pistols are for fun, but my carry pistols have long lives.

moose fat

caliber and weight

-Taurus Mod 96, K22 clone, .22 LR : resides in a tanker rig from El Paso Saddlery, for skiing and targets of opportunity.

-S&W 340 PD, .357: for when I go light weight, in a Mika Pocket Holster or Kramer Horsehide belt scabbard.

-S&W Mt. Gun .44 Mag: back-up when hunting or berry picking, or edc w/an 870 loaded with slugs if a bear is spotted around our village.

-Glock36, .45 acp; a grab and go light weight .45 edc, or when snow machine riding, residing in a Pancake leather holster w/floral carving from El Paso Saddlery or an Andrews Leather Carjacker.

-Springfield Armory Mill Spec (except for the barrel, bushing, link, full length spring guide rod, trigger, sear, hammer, trigger spring and grips) 1911, .45: when I am not carrying any of the above, residing in a Pancake, floral carved leather holster from El Paso Saddlery, the most comfortable holster!

I like El Paso Saddlery floral carved holsters!

My 1911, the heaviest, weighs more than my Mt. Gun.

Last edited:

ballisticxlr

My carry gun is nearly only ever a Glock G21. On the extremely rare occasions when that won't do because of size, a .32acp Beretta fills in.

Prof Young

Of the guns I actually carry . . .

Kel Tec P3AT
Sig P238
Sig 365

I have smaller and larger handguns that I could carry, but don't.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Kevin Rohrer

Smallest: A Wilson CGB CCO in .45ACP
WilsonCCOCQB2.jpg

Largest: Any of my eight 5" 1911s in .45ACP

WilsonProtectorBrownGrips.jpg

jimbob86

I've only regularly carried two- A an el-cheapo 1911 clone, and a Springfield EMP. There were a few times I carried a 6" Colt Trooper, just to see if I could...... if I didn't have to sit down, I could get away with it.

tex45acp

KelTec PF-9 in 9mm in a Galco Pocket Holster:
PF9_PocketHolster.jpg

Wilson Combat Professional in 45acp IWB in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2:
WPSAMagwell005.jpg

Radny97

Just my current stuff. There’s been many others over the years.

EDC carry:

LCP2
S&W 442
Ruger SP101 2.5 inch
Dan Wesson Vigil 1911 Commander

Woods Carry:

S&W 442
Ruger SP101 2.5 inch
Astra NC-6
CZ P-01
Dan Wesson 15
S&W 627
S&W 329 PD
Ruger Super Blackhawk 454 Casull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mike38

Smallest / lightest is my current carry pistol, a Kel-Tec P32
Prior to that and slightly wider / heavier a Taurus PT22PLY.
Occasionally still carry a S&W J-frame revolver, but don't like the weight.
I pocket carry, so narrow and light is a requirement.

dahermit

The smallest/lightest gun I carry is a M36 Chief's Special with a self-bobbed hammer in a Bianchi 152 pocket holster (one of the least expensive holsters, but one of the best). I have performed a trigger job and the gun including lighter springs.

The heaviest gun I carry is a Taurus 85 in another Bianchi 152 holster. The Taurus is noticeably heavier than the S&W M36. It has factory spurless hammer. It is the only gun I have with a integral lock...which I have never used and don't know where the key is. The lock is subtilely placed in the rear of the hammer so it is not a esthetically offensive as are the S&W hammer locks. The Taurus is factory original...did not required any trigger work or spring kits to get a light/good double-action trigger pull...it came that way.

enhance

enhance