Your all-time favorite AR you own

tex45acp

I bought all the components from Rock River Arms about 15 years ago and it has been the only gun I have built and not sold.
IMG_0281.jpg

Crankylove

But I let it go, knowing that one of my brothers wanted it more and would get more happiness from it. He loves it and will continue to run that thing like it was stolen. I am happy to see it keep running in his hands. Long live one of the first Colt SP1s ever featured in a magazine for "fun", defense, and desert-crawling. (An article written by our deceased member, DPris, in 1978, reworked multiple times, and finally published in 1986. Bless you, DPris.)

And I appreciate you letting me take it home.

By far my favorite AR. Built in ‘73, still bone stock. Eats any ammo you can throw at it. We grew up shooting that rifle, which may be part of why I like it so much. Spent countless hours reloading for it, and packing it around Utahs west desert chasing jack rabbits and killing soda cans.

I don’t have any other factory AR’s, just a couple builds, and plans for a couple more. One I built in .338 Federal, and a .223 built from left over parts from my brothers builds, a barrel for my birthday, and a blem BCG………….it’s a pretty good rifle, especially for the $85 I am into it.

Had to think on this one for a while. I'm not a lover of the AR platform. I must say, though, I'm slowly building my own. I figured it would be in my best interest to at least become familiar with them for reasons which we do not speak on TFL. My very limited knowledge base along with nary a mention of the brand here has me thinking I better be careful and say it is my favorite and not necessarily the best (I know, you didn't ask what we thought the best one, is.).

Mine is an LMT. They started with gov contracts making AR parts and eventually started selling to the public. At one time, I lived a stone's throw from their manufacturing facility and lean towards buying local. Their fit/finish seems to rival Rock River, Bravo, POF, etc. I could be dead wrong. Again, I'm no expert on the platform. But I buy what's my favorite and that's one of them in the stable.

jmr40

My Ruger MPR. It came out of the box with a pretty fair trigger and will almost match my bolt action 223 in accuracy. I currently have a 3-9X40 scope on it for more precision shooting, but with a lower magnification scope, a dot sight, or irons it would be a formidable personal protection rifle.

The 18" barrel is a little longer than a lot of guys like, but I have other, shorter barreled AR's set up for that.

https://ruger.com/products/ar556MPR/specSheets/8514.html

ballardw

I couldn't afford an actual Colt SP1 but did find an upper with the "pencil" barrel for sale minus hand-guards. Some old style M16 triangular guards and I have a fair imitation of the early rifle.
One of things I like most is how many people think it is automatic which the other rifles with optics and different furniture don't seem to bring to mind.

rickyrick

I may do an M16ish clone, I’ve always wanted to ever since they handed me that rattley weird gun in basic training, that looked old and futuristic at the same time.

SR420

Daewoo ARs

My all time favorite ARs were made in South Korea
Click on the thumbnail image to see the full size image.

They shoot great, and their value continues to rise.