Your 2cents on my next budget new 9mm 1911

rickmelear

I have a RIA Tactical in 9mm, great gun, great price. Mine is a older one with billboard but I love it. You can spend more and get less performance.

WC145

Shop around and you'll find deals on better quality new guns and plenty of quality used guns in your price range than the ones you're looking at. In the last year and a half I've bought a brand new, current production Colt Commander for $599, a first run Colt CCO for $600, and a Springfield GI Mil-Spec in excellent shape for $425. I don't have any interest in Filipino 1911 clones when deals like that are out there.

Sterling

Purchased a new PT1911 fs 9mm blued Saturday. Academy has them for 549$. Only cause my PT1911 in 45 has been trouble free for at least 1200 rds I decided to get their 9mm version. Im Waiting on a hiviz front sight before I go breaker in with 100rds of 124g Aguila and 150 rds of Win forged steel fmj. Both Taurus and RIA give you alot of 1911 for your money. Ultimately I did not want to drive 80miles to the nearest Cabelas where they had a RIA fs 9mm Tac 1911 dolled up with vz grips and fibopt front sight for 100$ more. Wich if it was local I probably would have got. Ive owned a Citadell 9m tac fs 1911 so I know its a shooter. Either way both great guns with lifetime warrantys. Even though imo RIA has a greater following and better cs. They also have a bigger selection.

gyvel

Shop around and you'll find deals on better quality new guns and plenty of quality used guns in your price range than the ones you're looking at. In the last year and a half I've bought a brand new, current production Colt Commander for $599,

I just bought a 1911 9mm Commander from Bud's, who had the cheapest price (taking into account shipping charges by others) at $771, with the retail price currently at over $800.00.

So, I would say you got a tremendous bargain at $599.00.

gyvel

How's it shoot, Gyvel.

LOL!!! It hasn't been delivered yet. I just made the deal last Friday night. I have a .45 1991 Commander and, for some reason, despite its so-called "cheapness," it shoots great. The high profile sights help.

This will be my first foray into the 9mm on a 1911 frame.

Last edited:

gyvel

OK. 9mm Colt Commander finally arrived from Bud's (after they held my check for a week after it cleared my bank:mad:), and it shoots great. Perfect feeding and I can easily hit a soda can at 50', which is a considerable feat with my eyes.:) I find no problems with Colt 1991A1s.

Sterling

Woops forgot to report

I went with a PT1911 in 9mm for a range gun. Gun was around 550 then had a local duracoat the slide to mimic stainless steel. All together im in it for 625. I had fte problems at first but a quik youtube tutorial on ejector adjustment and wow its shooting 100% very happy with it.

Attachments

• _20160430_173847.JPG
    _20160430_173847.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 17

Venom1956

Shame you cant upgrade the internals as easily it if you go that route. Glad you did decide on something and made it happen