XTP's For Defense

Rampant_Colt

Hornady XTP is excellent ammunition, but there are better bullet designs currently available..

It's my preferred bullet for reloading in several different calibers

Steven_Seagal said:
Go with Critical Defense. Those are the best.
According to whom?

buck460XVR

I reload XTPs for many of my handguns because they are the most accurate outta those firearms. I also feel confident having them in my handguns whether for 4 legged or two legged critters. What someone else prefers is their decision.

Mobuck

We tried some 90 grain XTP's in a 380 ACP only to find they gave zero expansion at 380 velocities. The Critical Defense on the other hand did very well expansion wise-better than factory Fiocchi HP and Sierra HP reloads.

Webleymkv

Originally posted by Rampant Colt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_Seagal
Go with Critical Defense. Those are the best.

According to whom?

It depends on the caliber. When I still had my Colt Cobra, the Critical Defense was my loading of choice because it was one of the only standard pressure JHP's that could both expand reliably and penetrate anywhere close to adequately from a 2" barrel. I would also rate the .380 Critical Defense among the better choices for that caliber (though not the absolute best) for the same reasons. I do, however, think that there are better options in other calibers like 9mm, .38 +P, .45 ACP, and .357 Magnum.