XDs Recall

whip1

I was really hoping to see a glut of these on the used market when all of the unhappy owners dumped them. So far, nothing.

skoro

So far, nothing.

A couple of months ago, there was a lot of internet talk from guys who said they were disgusted with SA and were going to get rid of their XDs when it was returned.

But as they trickle out, I think most are very satisfied with the "upgrade" and have decided to hold on to them. I'm real pleased with mine. 45 firepower is such a compact pistol is really nice.

Snicker

Got mine!!

Most of you XDS lovers are blindly over-looking the fact that Springfield Armory cavalierly jacked us all around for months while they finally got their act together and started getting these quarter of a million handguns fixed.

Excuses like, "We're searching for and testing solutions to the problem", or "We've encountered a problem with our suppliers, so a solution will be delayed another couple of weeks", or "Weather has prevented us from completing..." are lame, at best! In addition, as you have all seen, SA figured they could placate us all by simply changing the date on their "update"! Come on, guys! That was one of the most pathetic excuses for an "update" ever issued from a major corporation.

Listen to this... Even the Fed-Ex deliverer (a female, so she should have been even more able to find her way, right?) called last night (8:30 P.M.) and said she couldn't find my home and would I come and meet her? I swear, it's the truth!! Oh, for Christ's sake!

After 200 rounds through it today, I found the thing to be O.K. Just O.K. Sure, I had no FTF's or FTE's, and it placed all 200 rounds in the same hole at 100 feet, but the trigger pull was a pound harder! Maybe I should just throw this thing in the trash. On second thought, I guess I'll put it back ITWB.

Have a great year!

Captains1911

They are such great little guns, that most people no matter how much they bitch and moan on the interwebz know this deep down, and so they are keeping them. I have been happy with mine ever since the upgrade. The trigger is definitely a little stiffer than I remember, but I have no trouble shooting it just as well.

jazzbo7910

Minor Child receiving firearm

My XDS was shipped to my home last week. My 10 year old daughter was allowed to sign for and receive the gun. Does anybody know if any laws were broken by the carrier?

Idaho Spud

OK, turn the guy in, get him fired. Possibly they'll want your gun for evidence, while the case goes on for who knows how long? Then you can be without your XDs which you've just gone 3 months or so without. Maybe a year, who knows? Be happy your kid's the right kind. In your case, nothing happened. Be thankful.

pylonguy

only got 100 rounds in before sending it back. Took a few months but included a 7rd magazine for the inconvenience. Now that I got it back can't wait to take it back to the range.

rmantoo

Did the driver know it was a firearm? Was the package exterior marked?

I ask because some carriers (Fedex and UPS, iirc) require that the exterior of packages containing firearms NOT be marked as such... but I honestly don't know if the computer the drivers carry explain that it's a firearm...

Cali_04

Thanks for the info I have a friend who just bought a Springfield I'll have to give him a heads up not sure which model he purchased.

Just got mine back post recall. Before the recall I had a thousand rounds through it with no problems at all. Today I went to the range and shot 200 rounds I had 12 ftf due to light primer strikes. And 4 times when I would rack in a round the trigger wasn't reset and would do nothing so I had to rack that round out and chamber a new one. I also looked at some of the ejected casings and about 3/4 of them the primer strike was not in the center.

I'm pretty disappointed. Anyone else have this happen.

Oruglock

My XDS was shipped to my home last week. My 10 year old daughter was allowed to sign for and receive the gun. Does anybody know if any laws were broken by the carrier?

From the UPS website:

The shipper must use Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required service for each package containing a firearm, including a handgun, and affix a UPS label requesting an adult signature upon delivery.

I worked as a seasonal driver for UPS recently. I certainly wouldn't deliver a package requiring an adult signature if no adult was present to sign for it. We hand many bottles of wine that couldn't be delivered around Christmas because no adult was in to take delivery.

I imagine the other shipping companies have to follow the same regulations and procedures. If the package was clearly labelled as containing a firearm then it should not have been delivered. That is a sackable offence. It's up to you if you want to get the employee fired.

Mannlicher

waited a year before sending my two back. Then, I sent them one at a time. Both came back within a week.
So far, they have been perfect, but then I felt they were perfect to start with.