XD(M) Elite 10mm

ocharry

hmmmm....well i think i would give ol pearce a call....you never know maybe one of the other mag bases would work on the 10mm mag....maybe just maybe the 40XDM mag base could work...or maybe the 45 base??? just a thought

ocharry

kilotanker22

hmmmm....well i think i would give ol pearce a call....you never know maybe one of the other mag bases would work on the 10mm mag....maybe just maybe the 40XDM mag base could work...or maybe the 45 base??? just a thought

ocharry
I think it would be the 45 ACP base to work with the 10mm magazine, since the 10mm uses the full size frame and loaded lengths are longer than 40S&W or 9mm.

kilotanker22

Gave Pearce a call. He said they have a product coming soon for that gun, but none of the current products are compatible.

Last edited:

Joe-ker

They do not list one for the XDM Elite.
You can get the extended mags. At least you can in 9mm. I got an elite 3.8 9mm a few months ago. I agree the Hex sight is good quality being all aluminum. I too registered and made use of the discount to get the extended mags. Just knock a roll pin and you can remove the mag well. It's not terrible without it with the regular mags.

Looks like they have them in 10mm
https://store.springfield-armory.com/Shop/pc/10mm-c1305.htm

kilotanker22

You can get the extended mags. At least you can in 9mm. I got an elite 3.8 9mm a few months ago. I agree the Hex sight is good quality being all aluminum. I too registered and made use of the discount to get the extended mags. Just knock a roll pin and you can remove the mag well. It's not terrible without it with the regular mags.

Looks like they have them in 10mm
https://store.springfield-armory.com/Shop/pc/10mm-c1305.htm
I already removed the mag well, and I actually like it better without the mag well.

I also cut the kydex on that crossbreed holster to allow for the optic to be used. Coincidentally, after making the cuts, the holster works better with and without the optic.

I chronographed that SIG Elite Performance 180 grain again today. I got similar results. Average this time was 1260 from 7 shots. I also loaded some 155 grain XTP bullets over some CFE Pistol and my average velocity was 1330. I have more room to increase my charge and stay within published data. I am hoping to see 1400 fps with the 155 grain.

A compact 10mm pistol has made me realize how my grip and technique needs improvement.

kilotanker22

I ended up purchasing several of the extended mags for this gun. Fits my hand much better now. I did not realize that after buying a Springfield firearm, they will allow you to buy from their online store at a pretty good discount. I bought three of the extended 15 round magazines.

Last edited:

kilotanker22

Made it to the range today. The extended mags with grip adapter make this gun much easier to control, at least for me. Now I need to finish up load development for the 180 grain bullets and then buy a bunch of brass.

The 155 grain bullets are traveling at 1355 fps average. Was hoping to see 1400 fps, but I don't see a need to push it too hard. That 155 grain at 1350 should be plenty for home defense. Although, I am getting nearly 1300 fps average with the SIG elite performance 180 grain V-Crown. Now that I have gotten some copper fouling into that barrel, velocity spreads have settled down. 15 shots with the SIG ammo today yielded 1280 fps avg velocity. Wish I could find some more full power factory ammo for this gun. If so, I wouldn't even bother loading for it, and relegate this to home defense.

kilotanker22

I have shot several hundred more shots through this gun over the last week. This thing eats every type of ammo I feed and doesn't even hiccup. I hate the fact that I cannot reach the magazine release without breaking my grip and rotating the gun in my firing hand. I am also not a fan of this gun's grip texture. Even with careful attention when shooting, the gun still breaks grip on every shot. I think I may see if someone makes a grip tape for this particular gun. Aside from those two things, I am pretty happy with this gun. I like the modularity of the XDm system, and overall, the gun is great. I am also happy that the cartridge enjoys a fully supported chamber. I have seen many custom, high quality barrels that do not have a chamber as well supported as this factory barrel from Springfield.

kilotanker22

I am finding that this gun locks the slide back about every fifth shot. At first I figured it was my grip since it is damn near impossible for me to grip this gun without hitting the slide lock lever. After careful shooting being certain not to contact the slide lever, it is still locking the slide back with a loaded magazine. Anyone else ever have this problem with the XDM Elite? Maybe a week spring allowing the lever enough slop to engage under recoil?